DateTime stamp of orginal files and Makecab

AnitaK

Hi All,

All the new files added via HF folder and HFEXPERT subfolders and files inside driver.cab ultimately got stamped with current date and time. Is there any way to retain original date and time of files.

Is it a makecab issue or am I missing something here?

Test Installation of both WinXP sp2 and Win2000 sp4 went through fine except for Date stamp.

Work environment:

OS=WinXP sp2 Pro

HFSVER=70325

Thanks,

Anita K

Known issue with version of makecab.exe from XP SP2 and 2003. What's the file version on your computer? The version of makecab.exe from XP SP1 or older should work properly. Maybe Tomcat could code HFSLIP to accept makecab in HFTOOLS (if it's not already).

the_guy

Hi,

Here is the update on this issue.

If MAKECAB Directive is given via .ddf file like one given for driver.cab

MAKECAB /F UC.DDF

- Works fine and after windows setup, installed file date stamp is same as original

whereas any file created without .DDF directive like on below

MAKECAB /D CompressionMemory=%COMPMEM% /D CompressionType=LZX "%ALTSRCDIRS%HFEXPERT\STORAGE\%%I" /L SOURCESS\I386 >NUL

gives wrong date stamp.

- after windows setup, installed file date stamp is current date and not original file date

Even with files from original CABSDK (1997 version), error persists. But here if expand/extract directly to a folder it shows original file date, but after windows setup, it shows current date instead of original file date.

Hope above points will give some clue.

Attached is the directory listing of Windows 2000 driver folder after windows installation. Marked files are the files added via HFExpert - Drivers / Storage folders. same for HFExplert - Win folder.

Work environment:

OS=WinXP sp2 Pro

HFSVER=70325

Anita K

post-129648-1176801500_thumb.png

hi! where can i get that from Vista cd? tried searching for file in a Dell OEM Vista CD but i couldn't find it ... thanks!

It's in the windows\system32 folder. If you don't have Vista installed then you will need to mount install.wim to find it.

heisking