Please help recover files....

yahamar6

I made the biggest mistake today. i was trying to recover some files off a harddrive that gave a blue screen problem. the HD had 2 partitions. Another person before me recovered files from one of the partitions to the other. So today i formated one of the partitions that had the recovered documents on it, installed a fresh copy of Win XP, all to gain access to the other partition that i thought had all the files. but nothing was there, so i called the guy, and his like ya i forgot to tell you i recovered files and their on the partition(which i formated and installed xp)........

s*** happens...

Now possible could there be hope for me to recover the files on the formated partition. im currently scanning it with phoenix stellar. next i will use r-studio... but is there hope.... It was a Fat32 before the format, and i reformated it to ntfs... urgent matter thanks to all. hope this is legible :unsure: :unsure:

Edited by yahamar6

good program this R-Studio, first time using it and pretty happy about it. bad thing about this recovery thing is that original file names are not kept. Im only getting filenumbers. I hate SATA drives..... :blink:

good program this R-Studio, first time using it and pretty happy about it. bad thing about this recovery thing is that original file names are not kept. Im only getting filenumbers. I hate SATA drives..... :blink:

I love SATA drives. And just rename the files. If I spent 3 months on a video project and it somehow got deleted and R-Studio recovered it entirely, I wouldn't give a flying f*** about the filename. :P

You have to know what to appreciate and what not to be too concerned about. ;)