.bat search registry

epic

I'm looking for a script or some direction on creating a batch file, which will search the entire registry for several variables (key, string, binary, dword... etc) then delete them if exist.

Edited by epic

Sorry, but plenty of specific information provided. Besides, a batch file is ideal for what I need it for. If you want it in programming move it there.

Edited by epic

Well, the best answer I can provide with the information you have NOT provided is already given. A batch file will very likely not be the most suitable method.

If you want to not keep getting the same response, kindly provide more, information.

An example of what I mean, since you cannot tell us anything to help us to help you.

Find all occurrences of variable %UserProfile% in registry.

This variable may exist in keynames, valuenames and data. The data alone could be reg_sz, regexpand_sz, reg_multi_sz etc.

You want a batch file to search the entire registry looking for any of the above and delete it, with or without prompt, regardless of its data type and regardless of whether the variable exists only as part of a reg_multi_sz. Does the batch need to read the binary data, convert it, parse the contents, remove the variable, reconvert it and write it back to the registry, or are you wanting to delete the entire key, just the all of the data or simply the value.

<Edit>

Oh and I didnt say I wanted it anywhere, read what I said, don't tell me what to do, and drop the attitude. It is you asking for help and I trying to give it. Without blowing my own trumpet, I consider myself an extremely proficient coder of batch files. I do know what I'm talking about and from what I can ascertain from what you have suggested, a batch file would be an inefficient medium. It would, if it could do it, probably require the help of a third party application too. It is for this reason I suggested that YOU would have been better off posting your question in the programming section.

</Edit>