Internet on PS3

raza

I recently bought this PS3 and now iam willing to share my internet from the computer on it.I have dsl which works through a single port usb modem.Now ps3 has wifi and ethernet options.I donot have any lan card in my pc.I was wonderin what will be the best way to use internet on my ps3 at a nominal price?Is it possible for me to share internet by just connecting a lan card to my pc and connectin it to ps3 through ethernet?Or is there some other way?Plz help me as soon as possible.

P.S. I want to share the internet that is use it on both of them at the same time....

you can stick a lan card into your pc and use windows internet connection sharing, but you will obviously have to turn on your pc when you want to use internet on the ps3. personally i would go and replace that usb modem with a dsl-modem/router-combo (if money allows it).

I can only say there is a option in the settings of your Internet connection, where it should say something like 'share this internet connection with ...'. And there should be an article in Windows help, that explains how to setup connection sharing.

dont use ICS, its crap. you should seriously just get a router, either wireless or wired, it doesnt matter. they dont cost that much. it will also have a built in firewall which will help ur comp from catching viruses and other stuff.

Edited by ripken204

nitro is right. punto-your way works but like you said, the isp prolly doesnt support it, or you need to get a special one from them.

so all that he should do is:

modem->router->comp
->ps3

im doing this with my xbox and my comp, not to mention i need a wireless router for 2 other comps..

i´ve seen it before, the ISP does it when they want that you only connect one computer to the net. Most of the time it comes with the cheapest, let´s say 64-128kbps, connections. Sux big time I know...

Yah ppl u r right I have a usb modem.So now what should I do???Will I be able to share net by connectin lan on pc n a wire thru that to ps3???That ics??Why does ics suck??