motherboard/computer case conflict...

fishbait182

the computer case i recently purchased is a nzxt duet, and the motherboard is an amd asus m2n. long story short, the L.E.D. Power female end on the case does not fit into the two pins of the L.E.D. Power male ends on the motherboard. the female end looks like it is for two pins which are right beside each other, but the male end is two pins sticking up witch a space between the two. it is almost as if the second pin on the motherboard was spaced one place too far away from the first. this problem is hard to explain so if i need to go into further detail i will try my best. basically i was wondering if this problem is normal or not. i am also wondering if there is some kind of an adapter to go between the male and female ends. thanks for all help anybody has. i have googled this problem and asked friends at school and nobody has ever heard of pins not fitting into the female ends. Note: it is only the power l.e.d. that does not match up, all other pins match with the corresponding female ends.

most cases aren't designed like that anymore, but i think i know what you're talking about.

if you're careful, take a sewing needle, and use it to life the tabs of the large plastic base, and pull the wires out and move them as needed. i had to do that when i threw together a setup for my dads friend...i ended up not being able to use most of the pins [i could only use the power and IDE light] but that worked. the only thing i could find small enough to do the job was a sewing needle, just be careful, i poked myself a few times doing it.

all the cases i've bought and setup have everything with seperate leads, basically to prevent that problem.

I came across the very same situation in numerous cases. bonestonne is right:
pull the wires out and move them as needed

so i need to pull the plastic from the motherboard and move one pin closer to the other? or are we talking about the plastic on the female end that is attached to the case?

the female end that plugs onto the motherboard is what you should change.

theres a small plastic tab that prevents you from removing the wire, all you need to do is use a needle to lift the pin up slightly to pull the wire out. you have to be gentle about it, but you do need to apply a good amount of pressure to get that wire out.

also, keep track of polarities [positive and negative leads], if they're marked, then insert them as needed, if not, just try your best, its not that hard to do it, the time i did it was my first, and it went without a hitch.