Start Menu banner

klerg

You mean Resource Hacker, huh? It worked great! I just had to find an older version v3.2 to do it. Now, if only i could get the upper right image in System Properties to be 256 colors that would be perfect. I use eXeScope to change the picture from the sysdm.cpl file, but when i i edit it, i have to save it as 16 color Bitmap. I'm wondering if i can somehow make it work with at least 256 colors. Any chance for this?

Don't edit the image. Export it somewhere. Then convert it to 256 colors using Photoshop/the Gimp or whatever you want and import it back.

Here you have a nice colorful bitmap when you open system properties!

I knew it was done in the SP and is where I had seen it when I had once tested the earlier SP's, but as compared to the SP I had wanted a different font & size for the words "Second Edition" and especially a different background color behind it which iirc the SP was changed to black, but I made mine as original dark blue.. ..it's just my preferences is all.

Edited by Rick Chauvin

Understood, and if I was you I would put my websites logo on there too.

The difference between mine and Gapes was the trailing background color and the SE font size, otherwise they are identical:

compare.gif

Besides that though I see his explorer.exe also has a few more other icon changes and when placed creates some registry Interface changes for his options on his ditty. Anyway I like his start banner too, and I like yours and have seen it, and I also like mine.

btw MGDx, when you pointed to option 6 and I ended up fooling with gapes explorer.exe, and when I read the 98SE2ME.chm you wrote about the options, I realized the time it must take you to do all these little projects let alone keep track of them since you have so many, anyway, I must say what you do is quite remarkable and I salute what you do with great respect; along with appreciation for everyone else here that does all these little projects too - - you have quite a network of capable friends working on different things here which makes for quite a great forum.