TH-42PA60 plasma tv from panasonic.?

raza

Iam planning to buy this tv but the problem is Iam worried about its resolution.The specs show that its max resolution is 852x480.It also says that this one has 1080 digital processing chipset and 1080p remastering processor.The thing is when I play PS3 games on it at 1080p will they be shown at their full graphics??Will I be able to enjoy the high resolution??Plz tell me fast..N here is the website link so that you can check the specs.

http://www.panasonic.ae/PMM/English/Produc...&prdId=1385

ewll according to what i have read about, it is capable of 1080p, but its not native, as in it will render and image to that spec, so yes you can play ps3 games at that level. but they wont be as good as a native 1080p display

now i maybe have it wrong im not an expert on tv as such!!!

The specs show that its max resolution is 852x480.

Right. That's the number of pixels it has, and it's all you're getting. I wouldn't call this high definition by any means. That's 18% more pixels than a NTSC DVD (720x480) - or just 98% of a PAL DVD's resolution (720x576). It's more like a wide-ish 480p. Good enough for DVDs, but that's about it. I sure wouldn't buy that for watching HDTV content.

It also says that this one has 1080 digital processing chipset and 1080p remastering processor.

Marketingspeak for "a chip that takes anything up to 1080p and downscales it - to pretty much DVD resolution i.e. 852x480", while trying to actually sound like a good thing. In short, it'll be able to display a HDTV signal, but not in HDTV quality... The pixels aren't there, no amount of processing will change that.

The thing is when I play PS3 games on it at 1080p will they be shown at their full graphics??Will I be able to enjoy the high resolution??

1080p is 1920x1080. That TV will resize it down to 852x480 (more or less DVD resolution). It has only 19% of the pixels required for 1080p.

Honestly, I wouldn't bother buying something with less than 720p native resolution (1280x720).

• 3 weeks later...
some more help wud be useful ppl.

Well, I thought I had covered pretty much everything... If you want to know more about something, perhaps try asking specific questions.

In short, whatever HD signal you send to it gets downconverted to DVD resolution. It basically isn't even a HDTV, just a large plasma, and nothing more.

You want the extra detail of a high definition signal? Buy something else, this just doesn't have the pixels. There's nothing more to it.