Need Advice about WIN Vista

m16si

I currently have Win XP sp2 and i was thinking of upgrading my system to windows vista.

I have a few questions:

- Will games run faster than in xp sp2 ?

- Are Vista faster OS than XP sp2 ?

- Is 1gb ram enough ?

Thnx

m16si

I run with 1Gb of Ram and Vista is fine.

As for the 6600GT, it will be fine as long as it has more than 128Mb of VMem, and will run Aero Glass etc.

Gaming performance is a grey area. NVidias current Vista drivers are atrocious and many games achieve incredibly bad framerates - AT/MDs Vista drivers on the other hand nearly mirror the performance on XP. So give your card manufacturer a chance to straighten their drivers out and gaming will be fine.

Oh and on my machine at least, Vista is about the same general speed as XP SP2.

-games run faster on 98 still. Your games will still run the same way on Vista.

-Vista is not faster at all nore it is a upgrade to XP. Vista is a move into the 3d OS department. like when Compaq used a 3d explorer interface that made it seem that you was explorering a 3d house but in truth you was still in 95. The 3d in this explorer of course was like the 3d of Resident Evil.

Vista 3d is real and not pre-rendered. So you could image them having a GUI that is a game character running around doing your tasks. Think of Vista GUI as a GUI in the Sci-Fi series Andromeda or the way it really looks in the movie tron. In truth you are not explorering the auctual computer world but a 3d interface of that world.

Our current OSX is like that Genie OS in the Earth: Final Conflict. While we can give orders and get the reponse about the order. OUr computers in not equiped with life motion sensors and Voice command.

-Yes it is enough.

My Advice

continue with XP SP2, this, is SUPER SPEED with your prgs

Vista its very BAD for user, it do the user to be 1 SLAVE in YOUR PC!

(remember this)

very games dont run

My SUPER ADVICE

WAIT MORE TIME

My pc:

1 Gb RAM

EVGA nVIDIA 6200 - 256 Mb

300 Gb HD

PENTIUM 2.4 Ghz

OR

DO IT

1 - WITH ONE HD OR TWO

2 - INSTALL XP (FIRST) - CHOISE THE HD OR PARTITION THAT YOU DESIRE

3 - UPDATE YOUR XP - IF NEED

4 - INSTALL VISTA (SECOND) - CHOISE THE HD OR PARTITION THAT YOU DESIRE

5 - NOW, YOU HAVE DUAL BOOT FOR TWO SYSTEM

6 - ENJOY, BE HAPPY WITH "THE GOOD" AND "THE BAD", NOW, BE YOU "THE UGLY"

HI HIHIHIHIHIHIHI

Edited by joaodanet

- Will games run faster than in xp sp2 ?

- Are Vista faster OS than XP sp2 ?

- Is 1gb ram enough ?

1. games slower but not that far off from sp2, the problem is drivers tho. there is no graphics driver, ati or nvidia, that fully supports vista yet. there are lots of glitches and crashes..

2. no, xp to me is much faster while just browsing around

3. no, you need 2 gigs or ram if you plan on gamming, vista alone takes 700mb!

Games will run about 10% slower according to Microsoft themselves! At the moment drivers are not near to this, although AMD/ATi has done a lot to improve their drivers, Nvidia has quite some work to do before they get there.

Vista will appear faster with Aero interface with a decent videocard and you will get nicer effects with less performance used by CPU (Aero interface is hardware accelerated by your Graphics card, if supported).

Vista should fine with 1GB of memory, if you have a ReadyBoost compliant USB stick you can even try the ReadyBoost feature to see if it helps improve performance. Otherwise you can try and upgrade your memory if you want to make such an investment.

Before that: if you do not plan to upgrade your PC in the comming years or are willing to purchase a retail version of Vista (bound to person, OEM is license is bound to your PC), then I would think about it if I were you. See what Vista has to offer you over Windows XP and see if it is worth the money you are going to spend on Vista.

Edited by Jeronimo