Band goes ahead with Webcast suicide

rik

WTF is this world coming to?

http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/6/33155.html

Members of a Florida-based rock band are to Webcast the suicide of a terminally ill friend during a secret concert on Saturday despite moves to outlaw the gig.

Hell on Earth had planned to stage the event at a venue in St. Petersburg, Florida, but city officials sought an injunction banning the event.

Even though officials have not ruled out the idea that the suicide bid is a publicity stunt for the band, they still decided to go-ahead with the ban.

However, the band remains defiant and insists it will go ahead with the show.

A statement on Hell on Earth's Web site reads: "Due to the overwhelming response and in accordance with an oath, bandleader, BillY Tourtelot gave to his terminally ill friend, the show scheduled for October 4th will indeed take place at an undisclosed location in St. Petersburg City limits.

"It will be broadcast live over the Internet on www.hellonearth.net. The show will include a live suicide by a terminally ill Euthanasia Society member."

According to the band's Web site: "Past band performances have included sodomizing skinned calves and blending dead rats then having fans drink the concoction." ®

I also hope it stays down...for what ever reason. But as the article says

According to the band's Web site: "Past band performances have included sodomizing skinned calves and blending dead rats then having fans drink the concoction."
, this is only the latest in a sick f***ing trend with this band and their groupies.

Greetings,

The site hellonearth.net will be slammed, and stay slammed, and I'm making sure of it.

I agree with euthanasia, but this band is f***ing retarded, and I have decided to make their

webcast, well not possible. I will get them kicked off their ISP as well. I have notified the band by email, but have received no replys. These little Satan worshipping biggots are just as bad as you over obsessive Christians. Get a clue kids. "doing my part to save the world, f*** you and your godhand"

-fedgoat

Hmm, not sure, if the guy wants to do it, why is anyone else bothered? If the person in question is happy to top himself on stage, what's it got to do with anyone else? No-one is being forced to watch it. It's most likely nothing more than a publicity stunt, to get people talking about them - and this thread proves it has worked. Just ignore them, they'll go away. Don't give them the oxygen of publicity, and let them fade back into obscurity.

Jayroller, I am afraid that if it is ignored this type of behaviour will continue to fester outside the mainstream public eye. I'm not a censorship freak by any means but too many things have been overlooked or ignored for too long. This shouldn't be considered an alternative lifestyle or anything thing close to being normal or accepted. If what is said on the website quoted by the article is true, they should be intitutionalized...

fedgoat: got a little bit of a rage problem, huh? I am not christian (or any religion for that matter) but your little bias statement was uncalled for. What right do you have to make such assumptions? And, what right do you have to stomp on someone else's 1st amendment right of free speech? If you don't like it, don't watch. Why not attack the companies that made so much money from the footage of the 9/11 attacks, of people jumping out of windows and all that? What's the difference? Oh, I get it... You aren't from the States, so you think that gives you the right to bash our rights? Welcome to the forums by the way. You should really read the forum guidelines before you post again.

By no means do I condone this type of music of behavior but I just thought Id share my opion...

If I had a terminal ill disease and it was hurting every bone and muscle in my body and I choose to take my life I don't think anyone should have an issue with this.

Physician-assisted suicide is something that I feel is the person choice.

And before any nit wit from this board goes off saying I agree with the band, make sure you read what I said above.