help! my pc reboots suspiciuosly!

roger04

Recently got my RAM for warranty.. They said its new.. after installed my pc just turn off and reboot while I'm doing my work on the pc .. is it gotta do with the RAM.. how can I identify wheater the RAM is new or fixed?Thanks..

*sorry for my bad English

Roger

Recently got my RAM for warranty.. They said its new.. after installed my pc just turn off and reboot while I'm doing my work on the pc .. is it gotta do with the RAM.. how can I identify wheater the RAM is new or fixed?Thanks..

Roger

Download this and run it looped at least 10 times. If it fails many times its bad. RMA it back for a new stick.

http://www.MSFN.org/modules.php?modid=2&ac...tion=show&id=62

Roger

Download this and run it looped at least 10 times. If it fails many times its bad. RMA it back for a new stick.

http://www.MSFN.org/modules.php?modid=2&ac...tion=show&id=62

I ran memtest this week to detect that my memory module was defective...

Efficient software.

This is the basic first step in determining a hardware error.

First, enable the setting in your BIOS to alert on all hardware errors when booting the machine. If the setting is already enabled skip this paragraph. After, changing the setting your PC will stop booting if any errors are detected by the BIOS to include a faulty RAM module. When and if the PC errors send us the exact message. While waiting for a reply please do the following:

Examine the RAM modules and insure all are seated properly. Press down evenly and firmly on all modules. Do not use force. Inspect the ends of the modules and insure no one end is slightly higher or lower than the other end. If all appear properly seated repeat the boot with the cover off as you may need to do a little more. If it boots normally without error the problem is most likely solved. If you receive the error again please do the following:

Remove the RAM and inspect the slots for loose debris that may be inside the slots causing the problem. Remove any debris with plastic teasers and re-install the RAM. Repeat the previous boot process. If the machine boots normally without error then the problem is most like solved. If you still are experiencing the same problem lets us know and we will use a different approach.

Was the PC recently moved in a manner that might have dislodged a PCI card? While inside the PC seat all cards as described above. Sometimes a loose keyboard connector (even slightly loose) will cause a PC to reboot. Mine would reboot because I used a keyboard connector adapter that was king of heavy and would simply "droop" and disconnect itself. Later I also found out the adapter pins were bad as well.

Hope this helps. :)