backup files to dvd's

XtremeMaC

hi there

i'm looking for a software which can backup my stuff to dvd's.

its easy right? nope i want to put 50gb's of stuff to multiple dvd's and would like to use the least amount of dvd's.

so i want from this software to choose certain files so that 1 sided dvd will be filled as much as it could be.

to be exact i'm backing up my games, since i'm not playing any of them anymore. but i definetly don't want to trash them

i've put everything into their own folder: say

alien vs predator 1

alien vs predator 2

Battlefield 1942

Command and Conquer - Red Alert 1

Command and Conquer - Red Alert 2

etc etc...

is there a suitable software for a this lazy guy :):w00t:

thanks

Edited by XtremeMaC

Thanks for the link anyway :)

But about your games, why not save just the savegames and configuration files? It's all you really need and most uninstallers leave those on the system anyway. Games are very nice but they tend to take up most of my diskspace so I trash them when they bore me. When my mind changes I simply reinstall.

well i don't care about the savegames nor config files.

i've ripped my games into iso's mdf's and cue/bin files in order to save the cd's. old games are scratched and i had saved them to iso's. and now i made 20 dvd's and put them into the shelf which they won't be scratched anymore..

and i've billions of patches, updates tricks cheats etc for the games that i wanted to save..they are stored as well.

and yes i've even made my custom installers with installshield. for example i've an installer for generals with zero hour addon with patches updates maps etc. which has my settings registry keys and whatnot. this was mainly for LAN gaming usage. because my retard friends, when it comes to applying patches are really retards, so i had to do this and its essential if u don't want to use the cd/dvd's.

for some reason i don't like just copying over the directories. maybe because i like spending time and making things look more professional...

i've installers for couple of other games as well. they took a while to succesfully build them but hey i've got it all covered.

and yes if i have games that do really bore me i trash them as well. the one's i backed up are mostly multiplayer games with lots of fun :) for example counter strike for back in those days.. quake..etc etc..

Edited by XtremeMaC

What I do in backing up etc easy I would just put everything I want to get rid of into a folder of what is what and just drag and drop until the limit bar suites my needs. I never really used PC games and if I did I would probably back up a ISO on CD and then keep a written copy so when ever I want to play MDK or whatever I can. With the emulators it is really nice to have the ISO on CD to get that realistic CD load effect.

Edited by Ludwig Von Cookie Koopa