"Press F6 to install 3rd party SCSI or Raid Drivers"

Static_Nexus

hi everyone,

after hours of frustration ive given in and come here for help, my 2nd pc has no floppy drive so i cant use F6 to load the raid/sata drivers at the start. i added them to a nlite disk but the drive is still not detected. im using an Abit AV8-Deluxe with a Western Digital 250GB SATA 150. any help would be much appreciated.

Did you integrate the correct VIA RAID drivers as TEXTMODE drivers?

If yes, don't press F6 during the installation.

ah ok, i couldnt find textmode drivers from via but then i realised there was a folder called NT5... im going to give this a try on TEXTMODE thanks for helping me understand more. ill let you know how it goes :)

Another question, this may seem REALLY dumb, but can a bootable iso like WinXP be written to ANY type of CD/DVD format? like RW's or +/-?

If the optical disc drive you're using to install windows from can read the format, yes. To simplify that, all reasonably new drives should be able to read atleast +/-R and +/-RW.

yeah thanks :) heres a little thought thats bugging me, if 16x DVD's read at about 21mbps and 52x CD's read about 7-9mbps, would windows install faster from a DVD?

Thanks for your help guys that solved my problems :) is there any way i can make the quick launch bar appear by default? i cant find a setting for it...

is there any way i can make the quick launch bar appear by default? i cant find a setting for it...
Right click at the "Start" button > "Properties" > "Taskbar" , then enable "Show quick launch bar".

no no i meant so i dont have to set it, you know so its turned on during windows installation.

There is an addon specifically designed to address this issue - it was listed on here last year some time as a method of enabling it after installing IE7, which seems to knock it out. Do a search on my user name and you will find the exact name of the addon.