is AMD or Intel the way to go for a game system

cumminbk

I always thought amd was the way to go with a game system but i have been hearing intel is now taking the upper hand. is this still true. Those of you with amd will you switch to intel on your new systems? thoughts people i plan to build a new one soon.

If money doesnt matter the Intel Core 2 is the best processor right now. However the AMD AM2 is a better deal imo. For games the video card is much more important than the cpu, so imo its better to get the AMD and with the money you save buy a better video card.

If money doesnt matter the Intel Core 2 is the best processor right now. However the AMD AM2 is a better deal imo. For games the video card is much more important than the cpu, so imo its better to get the AMD and with the money you save buy a better video card.

yes, U r right.

its better deal if U purchase AMD, beacause of u can save money to buy higher end graphics card.

Read this on what Intel has for upcoming "mainstream" CPUs:

http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=2903

Although the E4300 still only has a 2MB L2 cache, when overclocked to over 3.3GHz you end up with a chip that's faster than Intel's Core 2 Extreme X6800 - at only $163. The E4300 gets even better in Q2 when its price will drop from $163 to $133, making it even more of a bargain.

Today, it's Intel Dual Core.

When AMD starts producing dual and quad core in 65nm process, then the swing goes back to AMD.

No matter what you do, you have to match up the CPU with the fastest memory sticks you can find. Otherwise there is no sense in spending any $$ on a fast CPU.

Actually AMD's 65nm CPUs have already been reviewed. The results show that there isn't much of a performance gain. Remember, AMD made absolutely zero changes to the CPU other than a die shrink. The die shrink only allows them to get more CPUs from a single wafer, which translates to lower costs. Well...there's also a reduction in power usage, but a die shrink does not translate to higher performance at the same clock speed unless other changes are made to the CPU.

Also, Intel is set to start their 45nm process later this year.