sata - eide conundrum?

I have an ide hd, and an ide and sata mobo. The main connection is ide with master and slave on ide. now i wanna add a third hd and wanted to go sata. i purchased the little adapter that goes on the back of the ide drive to change the connection to sata and hooked it up to my mobo but now i have two problems. 1. which power wire should i use, the floppys or the regular ide hd power cord and 2. do i have to do anything in the bios to get the sata connection to work on my asus p4p 800 se mobo??????? holla back

1. which power wire should i use, the floppys or the regular ide hd power cord

well, all IDE hard drives only work with the 4 pin molex plug. a floppy drive power cable wont even plug in to a hard drive.

as for the SATA settings, i can't help you there, i prefer IDE as it requires little to setup...you may need SATA drivers for the HDD to work properly, but someone more familiar with SATA could give a better answer.

I'm guessing that you adapter has a power connection of the floppy driver variety, and your hard drive has the normal molex connector on it. If that is the case you probably want both, but it depends upon the adapter.

Your SATA connection is probably already enable on your motherboard, bu you should check in the bios to be sure. If you have seen the SATA controller listed in the device manager in windows then it should just work when you plug it in.

I´m almost sure that SIRCOOKS isn´t talking about a floppy connector; it´s the SATA power connector.

SIRCOOKS, those connectors have the same width as the molinex connectors? What color are they? Black?

If they are the same width then use that connector OR the molinex connector, NOT BOTH (No use for it to use both)...