[Release] Windows Media Player 11 MSI for corporate use

Shark007

Windows Media Player 11 XPSP2 v11.0.5721.5146

English MSI file information: 25 MB - MD5 = a29471914b44d1fbea607734b0656a54

Spanish MSI file information: 25 MB - MD5 = 241f3730f0dbe48a0cf81c287ef10210

*courtesy of elajua*

Upon installation of this Windows Media Player it will show v11.0.5721.5145 even though this installation is v11.0.5721.5146 because the version number is picked up from the file wmp.dll and not the player's executable.

These MSI's are designed for corporate deployment which seamlessly overwrites the existing machines Windows Media Player 9 or 10 files.

Take notice, the English MSI is switch-less, executing it = Installed

Get them from my repository.

shark

as a suggestion, i think you can provide the msi with full switches support, so the average user can get it and install it normally.

i made my set of msi (english and spanish) with switches so i can use it unattended and pass it along to colleagues.

if you want i can give my spanish msi so you can have it on your repository for spanish-speaking folks.

thanks for the addon info, will try it on some computers which i don't mind have it integrated at all.

oh, by the way, has anyone find out why the wmv on others players have problems? thanks again.

Edited by elajua

i made my set of msi (english and spanish) with switches so i can use it unattended and pass it along to colleagues. if you want i can give my spanish msi so you can have it on your repository for spanish-speaking folks.

you would be more than welcomed to place a link here to a Spanish MSI and with your permission, I'd copy that URL to the 1st post.

oh, by the way, has anyone find out why the wmv on others players have problems? thanks again.

The WMV issue only happens with integrated installs. The MSI installs don't experience this issue. My best guess is the integrated installs are missing some sort of directive telling the operating system that the M$ codecs exist elsewhere and are no longer contained in the files expected.

shark

Sorry, i forgot to mention, its on my repository.

shark

In fact, I'm thinking about MSI source ... http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsme...deploypack.aspx

Btw, what is "the WMV issue only happens with integrated installs. The MSI installs don't experience this issue. My best guess is the integrated installs are missing some sort of directive telling the operating system that the M$ codecs exist elsewhere and are no longer contained in the files expected." ?

In fact, I'm thinking about MSI source ... http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsme...deploypack.aspx

Yes, the tool you link to is what i used to create the MSI.

Btw, what is "the WMV issue only happens with integrated installs. The MSI installs don't experience this issue. My best guess is the integrated installs are missing some sort of directive telling the operating system that the M$ codecs exist elsewhere and are no longer contained in the files expected." ?

It is just as it reads. Some users who integrated the WMP 11 files into thier installation source files couldn't use alternate players to view WMV files. I created a fix for this and it also is available on my repository.

shark

i didnt integrate WMP11 into windows source and i had the WMV with other players issue. thanks to your fix it is solved. im not sure if it will be needed with the new version but i think it will be because it seems that MS only updated the setup files to 11.0.5721.5146 and not the core of the player. i will post the link to the spanish msi in the morning because it is currently uploading but thanks to my isp that dropped us the upload speed by more than half it takes forever so i will leave it uploading. going to bed right now.

i didnt integrate WMP11 into windows source and i had the WMV with other players issue. thanks to your fix it is solved. im not sure if it will be needed with the new version but i think it will be because it seems that MS only updated the setup files to 11.0.5721.5146 and not the core of the player. i will post the link to the spanish msi in the morning because it is currently uploading but thanks to my isp that dropped us the upload speed by more than half it takes forever so i will leave it uploading. going to bed right now.

Do you use geunine M$ WMP11 setup or repacked/tweaked version ?

if shark007 can host it con his repository will be great. im making some moves to get a hosting service to make my site, inclusing some custom installer i have for manu apps. meanwhile, shark007, i appreciate your offer to host WMP spanish.

here is the link to my spanish msi installer

http://rapidshare.com/files/12365813/WMP11.0.5721.5146es.msi.html

the setup is untouched, you can use normal switches. version 11.0.5721.5146.

Do you use geunine M$ WMP11 setup or repacked/tweaked version ?

i use genuine, untouched original installer.

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I got a problem with windows Media Player 11.....In this forum I could get the windows Media PLayer 11 spanish version but wher can I find the english version.

I appreciate if you could send the link to MSI for windows Media Player 11 English version.

Thanks

Rama

Edited by ramamanohar9999

Hi,

I got a problem with windows Media Player 11.....In this forum I could get the windows Media PLayer 11 spanish version but wher can I find the english version.

I appreciate if you could send the link to MSI for windows Media Player 11 English version.

Thanks

Rama

the file is protected from direct hot linking . . . you must go to my repository, http://shark.msfn.org , and download it from there.

shark

• 1 year later...

hi shark007,

new into this - i tried accessing your repository using the link you provided but i get a 'forbidden' message. i want to try the english msi for wmp11 and would really appreciate any help.

btw, the edp tool you refer to here says it only supports wmp 9 & 10. since you seem to indicate it is the same tool you used to create wmp 11, then it's support is not limited to versions prior to 11?

thanks.

albenson

• 2 months later...

Hi:

I hope this message gets to Shark. I am a blind and multiply disabled computer user. I use a mouthstick to type, so please forgive my typos.

I need to find Windows Media Player 11, that can be added into my nlite build (still attempting to build a new custom xp pro install). I listened to all messages in this topic, but could not find a link to any WMP 11 English addon that I could dl. I clicked on your link and also got a forbidden message. I don't know if that is a silent install.

I dl'd WMP 11 from Microsoft Download, and extracted all files to the Temp directory. I could not figure out what to do from there so I gave up on that. My experience is very limited with building any installs.

Can you assist me? I don't care if it is genuine or not. My copy of xp pro is genuine enough :)

p.s. nice to see other blind folks here.

thanks,

hag672