Silent .NET Maker (latest update: 20080603)

Tomcat76

About the netfx30-kb932471-x86.exe problem:

I put it in SNM folder, with net 3.0, the language pack, xpsepsc-x86-en-us.exe and spanish language pack.

All is correctly slipstreamed except 932471 that is showed in WU

New upddate for net framework 1.1: NDP1.1sp1-KB928366-X86.exe

And new upddate for net framework 2.0: NDP20-KB928365-X86.exe

Can you also do update for those?

The script was updated again to remove the Add/Remove Programs entry for KB928366 but both hotfixes were technically supported by previous versions of SNM.

Well, I've tried several times and I can't get netfx30-kb932471-x86.exe integrated in silent net30 package. I throw the update in the SNM folder, is there something else that I have to do?

Nope, it doesn't appear. It only shows processing net30 and language pack. I include xpsepsc-x86-en-us.exe and it's language pack and, although it's not showed in the dialog box, it get's perfectly integrated in the pack. But kb932471 is not.

Nope, it doesn't appear. It only shows processing net30 and language pack. I include xpsepsc-x86-en-us.exe and it's language pack and, although it's not showed in the dialog box, it get's perfectly integrated in the pack. But kb932471 is not.

Mine works fine but.... xpsepsc-x86-pt-pt.exe (I use portuguese languages) is not processed. I get message from windows update to update xps language.... xpsepsc-x86-en-us.exe is processed.

Can you fix it?

And KB925720 (card space) would also be nice.....

Edited by fgaifen

Nope, it doesn't appear. It only shows processing net30 and language pack.
That can only mean you aren't using the latest version of SNM.CMD. Can you please download the latest version?
Mine works fine but.... xpsepsc-x86-pt-pt.exe (I use portuguese languages) is not processed. I get message from windows update to update xps language.... xpsepsc-x86-en-us.exe is processed.
For you, the file name should start with "XPSEPSCLANGPACK-x86-pt-PT-langpack"; whatever comes after that is your choice.
And KB925720 (card space) would also be nice.....
That hotfix updates files of Windows. HFSLIP supports it and I'm sure nLite does too.

That can only mean you aren't using the latest version of SNM.CMD. Can you please download the latest version?

I swear to god that I was using the latest version :D

Nevermind, I downloaded again, I executed the script and all works fine.

Sorry for the mistake Tomcat76

First of all, THANK YOU for this nice tool. I can say it does work with Brazilian Portuguese (PTB or PT-BR) language, for the individual 3 packages and for any combination of them (DNF11_20.exe or DNF11_30.exe) ! :thumbup

But... is there a way to silently - I mean REALLY silently, with no progression bars, no information of decompressing files showing whatsoever at T-13 - install the DNF11_20.exe file (which I usually put under i386\update folder and list it at SVCPACK.INF along with the hotfixes on my unattended XP SP2 CD) ? Which switches may I use ? (I'm using /Q:A /R:N, but both the progression bars and 'extracting setup files' messages keep been showing... :no: )

Also, using RunOnceEx.cmd, which switches must I use to accomplish a fully silent installation of DNF30.exe ? Are those annoying messages (something weird like 'Windows Foundation') gone with the current (20070710 #2) version ?

Thanks a lot,

--ThundernetBR

PS. I posted a question similar to this before in another MSFN Forum, but I believe I got no answers at that time because I was unaware of not using DNF30.exe on SVCPACK.INF. Just reading the first message in this thread brought me some enlightment about it... :yes:

Edited by thundernetbr

Hello. Thank you for a wonderful tool.

Because the following phenomenon has happened in my hand, it reports.

"Hotfix" ..only one of the "KB934238".. goes out when "DNF11_30.exe" that integrates ". NET1.1/3.0/hotfix" is put in "HFGUIRUNONCE" folder of "HFSLIP" by using "SNM" and it installs it.

It will manage to plan it to this phenomenon.

It is generated by WindowsXPSP2 and a Japanese version.

_SNM.INI is appended.

_SNM.ini

Thank you. It immediately made like that and it tried.

However, even if it was made for SNM not to recognize hotfix like an original file name, to change into the file name that started by netfx30, and to recognize forcibly, it was not possible to process it correctly.

When the file was seen with WinRAR, the composition of the file in the library seems to be different from other hotfix.

Still, it seems that processing for individual is necessary for KB934238.

Hello Tomcat76,

this is a really great script. I´m long time waiting for.

it works like a charm.

THX

Now i wrote an Add-On for your script.

With my Add-On it is more simple for the users to create silent installer.

My Add-On get all needed files directly from MS via wget and more

What my AddOn makes.

- contains own folder for every version of .NET

- contains text-files with download-locations within (english and german)

- contains wget.exe (a freeware commandline tool for downloads)

- contains two installer scripts (english and german)

Whats to do for the users:

- download my script attached and unpack to your own folder

- download the original SNM-script from Tomcat76 and extract the content in the existing folder SNM

- rename the script " SNM.cmd" in the SNM-folder to "1SNM.cmd"

- edit the _SNM.ini with your settings

- run the installer for your language (install_en.cmd or install_de.cmd)

I hope, that´s OK for you.

Please try it out and give me a short feedback.

Long story short...here is my AddOn: Download SNM-AddOn.rar

SkAvEnGeR

PS: Sorry for my english. I´m from germany and teach english by myself.