Silent .NET Maker (latest update: 20080603)

Tomcat76

• 2 weeks later...
Actually is line 438. There was an error, has been corrected, but not in the quoted text.

Well so far in the file i have its line 434 and all the others one that folks have sed to change are wrong too!!! please help!!!!

here is what im trying to achieve (eventually i hope)....

Im trying to use the silent maker to make an installer for every version of the .NET framework along with every service pack i am NOT using any languages packs at all.

I have downloaded all the files needed from MS and what not its just SP1 for DN3.5 thats causing me problems!!!!

Could somebody please upload the correctly modified version of the SNM.cmd file to allow me to make this?????

Please help guys *prays*

Stoner81

Edited by Stoner81

.Net Framework 2 SP1 doesn't get installed under VMware using Silent .NET Maker. I bet it will not install under real XP either.

Is there a problem here?

my os: Windows XP SP3 32bit

No problem for me. My OS also Windows XP SP3 32bit, Eng lng. It can be tested in VM as well. U may be missing out something

i found that dnf11 & 20 installed ok in vmware but not dnf30 & 35 so do via runonce.cmd after 1st login and still no joy.

i can see it open the 7zip file to extract but then nothing, zip, nadda

if i run after all finished and back at desktop all is ok - weird and starting to do my head in so may risk and rebuild lappy and see whatgives.

i found that dnf11 & 20 installed ok in vmware but not dnf30 & 35 so do via runonce.cmd after 1st login and still no joy.

i can see it open the 7zip file to extract but then nothing, zip, nadda

if i run after all finished and back at desktop all is ok - weird and starting to do my head in so may risk and rebuild lappy and see whatgives.

I had my _SNM.ini set to MERGE_FRAMEWORKS=FULL (located towards the end of the code)

And it build a 40.5MB executable file called DNF_all.exe

and I ran via GUIRunonce

To confirm, in my control panel Add/remove panel, there are 3 listings

1) Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 1

2) Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 Service Pack 1

3) Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5

I am using NetFx20SP1_x86.exe and I tried to reinstall it several times but no go. Something is weird. .Net Framework 2 (dotnetfx.exe) works though.

Did u set _SNM.ini with MERGE_FRAMEWORKS=12 as per guide? (and run the created file from svcpack)

Also, I have use the original SNM.cmd downloaded from 1st post. (By the way, I'm using HFslip but I believe should be the same approach in getting the file installed correctly)

Hope it helps with this info.

thanks geej, however i would like to have mine installed via svcpack.inf

do you think the dnf_full.exe will work like that?

dnf_full.exe will not work via svcpack.inf because anything above version 3 need to install via GUIRunonce.

It is stated clearly 1st post .NET 3.x notes... section

me is a plonka

thanks for pointing out the obvious Geej

will now try to understand why it doesn't install at GUIRunOnce, as have an app i like that needs it (Outlook on the Desktop)

time to test me thinks and see what happens.

Did u set _SNM.ini with MERGE_FRAMEWORKS=12 as per guide?

No I didn't. Do I have to? Wouldn't it work other way? I mean, building those 2 packages and run them separately??

Also, hidcon fails to hide the dos box during setup.

Edited by atolica

Did u set _SNM.ini with MERGE_FRAMEWORKS=12 as per guide?

No I didn't. Do I have to? Wouldn't it work other way? I mean, building those 2 packages and run them separately??

Also, hidcon fails to hide the dos box during setup.

Ok, not really required to set _SNM.ini with MERGE_FRAMEWORKS=12.

I tested Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 1 via svcapck in VM ok. Here is the step :

download NetFx20SP1_x86.exe (24mb) and any language file u need. Installed into your host system if if it is not already installed. (U need that. U can't build the package if this package is not already installed)

Do not have to change any setting in _SNM.ini

Just run SNM.cmd. U should have an output file DNF20.exe (about 17MB). That's it. Run from svcpack will work.

I did not observe any DOS box appearing during testing. Only progress status appears. It is by design.

If you are adventurous, try the modified SNM_mod.zip posted in page 12, #222 by strel. ( did not try it) to hide the progress status.

Basically, a visual progress is nice since is this package install time is pretty long.

When u login, add/remove panel should have 1 listing:

Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 1

@atolica

You don't have to. Crearly you are doing something wrong with the building process. The fact that hidcon didn't work points it. Recheck.

Edited by strel