New Video Card

BombaTwist

The 7300GT isn’t crap at all, if armed with GDDR3 it will outrun a 7600GS (but there are just a few with GDDR3). Cool thing about both cards is that the can be passively cooled and are sold original that way too.

My choice would be the 7600GS... fan less if you can ;).

EDIT: And I saw that the 7900GS dropped in price too, almost the same price as the 7600GT, keep it in mind ;).

thats why i said to not get the gddr2 version...

a friend of mine told me to get this

Biostar 7600gs

he also says that i really shouldn't worry about the DX10, im no hardcore gamer. i only play counter-strike, condition-zero, and counter-strike:source/day of defeat:source. just a casual gamer. Im just looking to do a next upgrade in 2 years or so.

Also i saw this card

eVga 7600gts

any good?

a friend of mine told me to get this

Biostar 7600gs

he also says that i really shouldn't worry about the DX10, im no hardcore gamer. i only play counter-strike, condition-zero, and counter-strike:source/day of defeat:source. just a casual gamer. Im just looking to do a next upgrade in 2 years or so.

Also i saw this card

eVga 7600gts

any good?

Borrow 50 bucks, go on the street to beg for a dolar to everyone you see... do your self a favor en get that 7900GS please... ;) (I would do it :D)

the thing is i dont really care about DX 10 coming out soon and having a good video card for it. im only a casual gamer, but don't get me wrong, its not that they are bad offers for like the 7900gs. its just something i wouldn't really need. the only games i play are counter-strike, and maybe some strategy games(starcraft, etc). so yea, its basically a temporary card i don't want to spend much on. maybe until i get a job which probably would be sometime next year ;p.

btw, i might get the eVga 7600gt that ripken posted.

i also like to do some video editting for fun and like to turn up some settings like aa/af, and because i posted that one Biostar 7600gs was cause it has 512mb and a friend of mine told me it would be good for me if i made some videos, like counter-stirke videos for example because the card would be able to process it smoothly, but im guessing the 7600gt will just be the same?

Edited by BombaTwist

To capture video’s from your games doesn’t need video RAM, where did you friend get that from? The 512MB is mostly used for Z-buffering and textures... and you will see almost no difference between a 256MB or a 512MB card when it comes to the 7600 series, not even if they were 128MB (Not that I have seen any, but still) ;).

hmm i guess there is not much of a difference then.

hmm, i just read alot of reviews that say that the gs actually run better than the gt, but then i read alot of reviews that say that the gt run better than the gs. So i really get confused there.

GT is always more powerful than GS.

Recording video has nothing to do with the video card unless you are thinking of something like VIVO.

More Video Memory only helps from what I understand at increasing resolutions / texture sizes.

ya, and for most people there is a slight increase in doubling the video ram, so you dont need to have more.