Wierd but small problem

m16si

I have a wierd problem!

when i go to START>PROGRAMS and there are some entries that i want to delete but my right mouse button just doesn't work.

It works normally in windows, games, programs,... but not in START menu im very mad because i don't have a idea how to solve this one!

Please help

Greetz and a happy new year 07

m16si

i know i know that's one way but why dosen't my right mouse button work in START ?

I know i can delete files from there but it irritates me because i don't have an anwser to this wierd problem and it's eating me :D

Thnx

Check the following local policy (start > run > gpedit.msc) under User Configuration/Adminsitrative Templates/Start Menu and Taskbar/Remove Drag and Drop context menus on start menu - if it is enabled, set it to disabled. If it is set to "Not Configured", leave it alone.

If that is set to "Not Configuraed", set or create the following registry value:

Key: HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

Value: nochangestartmenu

Type: REG_DWORD

Data: 0

Once you've set the policy to disabled, or configured the registry value, restart and your right-click on start menu items should be working again.

Awww common guys this is an easy one...

Right click on the taskbar and select properties.

then choose the following in order -> Start Menu -> customize (Start Menu) -> Advanced -> Make sure "enable dragging and dropping" is checked.

Apply and your all set to go...

Edited by Kelsenellenelvian