IE7 slow.

BoardBabe

nah not here its working fast :) ... buddy use the latest ie 7 and also install First IE7 Update

"IE7-KB928089"

Microsoft released first update for IE7 (not for Windows Vista). This update resolves a performance issue with the Phishing Filter. When visiting certain web pages, the Phishing Filter may increase CPU usage while evaluating the page contents and the system may become slow to respond. This problem occurs on pages that contain multiple frames or when multiple frame navigations occur quickly. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.

Would you really expect newer software to be faster? :wacko:

It's the other way around, lol.

What does the fact that it's new have to do with whether or not it is fast? Zxian, JCarle could code you a new simple program and it would be fast. I don't see your logic here. Anyway... IE7 needing a hotfix so it can "be fast"... *smashes IE7 with a hammer and expresses rage after rage*

Use Opera.

I hate to ask, but describe "slow" - is it slow by a second or two, minutes, hours, days :), etc? And what is slow, exactly - the actual loading of the page, displaying certain parts of pages, getting a web site resolved, etc?

Wait for another year, it might be more stable by then! I still use 'IE6' when I have to, 'Opera' and 'FireFox' all the time; their 'leap years' ahead! I have tried 'IE7' a few times since it's so-called final release, and had nothing but problems with it.

Don't you know, Microsoft never releases a 'fully-fledged Gold' version, they are always in endless beta's, thats what they use us (the public) for! So wait a while, and wait even longer for a stable Vista!

Edited by Obadiah