Help with Direct X

Westislander

I am having probs withPine Pix Viewer & getting error "is linked to missingt export DDRAW.DLLDirectDrawCreate.EX." ( I got same error when I tried to install Classic Media player). When I tried to reinstall Direct X I get "latest VERSION already installed".

Using Wion 98SE & DirectX version 4.09.00.0904.

Can I delete Direct X & then just reinstall or is there some other way to reinstall DDRAW.DLL

DirectX 4?

We're up to 9 now...

Download full version and install:

http://download.microsoft.com/download/8/1/e/81ed90eb-dd87-4a23-aedc-298a9603b4e4/directx_9c_redist.exe

Sorry for confusion just took the version # straight of the DirectX Diagnostic Test. Thks for the reply.

PROBLEM SOLVED. Thanks very much for the tip on Directx happy uninstall. Worked like a charm.

I did a search for DDraw.DLL before the uninstall & in Windows\system I had version DDraw version6, but had version 9.o in Windows\vcm. After removal & reinstall they are both at version 9. The FinePixViewer works. & as a big Bonus WMP 9 is now working again. Cheers!!

• 4 weeks later...
DirectX 4?

DirectX 4 does not exists. Version 4.09.00.0904 is DirectX 9c.

google DirectX Happy Uninstall

Microsoft never released DirectX 4, Tihiy.

LLXX needs to seriously read ComputerHope's DirectX Help page on the version numbers of DirectX (so that she'll be well educated about this):

http://www.computerhope.com/directx.htm

apparently, Westislander, you had the wrong version of DDRAW.DLL file when you should have be using the one from DirectX 9.0c. somehow the DDRAW.DLL file was overwritten with an older version. good thing you removed DirectX and re-installed DirectX 9.0c to fix the problem.

DirectX Eradicator 2.0 would also do the trick AND it's freeware. DirectX Happy Uninstall is shareware.

Edited by erpdude8