Has anyone had this problem before?

RJARRRPCGP

Windows 2000 expects futuremark.com to be on my HDD.

When attempting to submit my 3D Mark 2001 SE results, gotten the following error message from Windows 2000:

Cannot find the file 'http://service.futuremark.com/servlet/Index?pageid=/orb/projectdetails&XLID=9122583&UID=7438271&projectType=6'

(or one of it's components). Make sure the path and filename are correct and that all required libraries are available.

:realmad:

Edited by RJARRRPCGP

Perhaps the error message isn't bogus? Perhaps the app doesn't get the data it expects from the URL, and thus gives that error? Seems odd that the app is giving an error about a URL - that usually means the data posted to the URL didn't give the app what it expected - not sure what to say about that, other than to ask what the application writer/vendor has said in response to that question after it was asked of him/her/them?

Perhaps the error message isn't bogus? Perhaps the app doesn't get the data it expects from the URL, and thus gives that error? Seems odd that the app is giving an error about a URL - that usually means the data posted to the URL didn't give the app what it expected - not sure what to say about that, other than to ask what the application writer/vendor has said in response to that question after it was asked of him/her/them?

No, no no. This appears to be a problem with the FDV fileset or HFSLIP.

No, no no. This appears to be a problem with the FDV fileset or HFSLIP.
Since you insist...

[ moved ]

I was trying to figure out how to fix the file association problem. This appears to be a broken file association problem.

Nope. Not that. I wonder where fdv is?

Uhh... Wha?

Puts down his pimp cup, puts on glasses

Ok... Hm. Well, since the fileset six months ago and now, I did do some extra house cleaning. One of the things I did was remove the URL association. Could that be it? What I mean is, you know those Internet Explorer blue "e" icons, with the hidden three letter file type .URL? They are also known as "Internet Shortcuts." Because two exploits made use of them -- buffer overflows -- I delete this filetype so that double-clicking doesn't launch a browser. Since IE is gone anyway it's not really necessary and doesn't add much protection to the user. The way to undo what I am typing about is to create a text file and give it a URL extension, double click, and associate with Opera, Firefox, whatever. It will error out but the URL filetype will be corrected.

Other than that, I am not sure only because I don't know what you're clicking to submit results. Let me know more and I'll try to track this issue down further.

And now, for absolutely no reason, a hot older woman.

Are you sure this is a Windows 2000 error message and not some error message injected into the system by 3DMark? I doubt it's caused by HFSLIP or FDV's fileset.

It appears to be directly from Windows 2000. It also reminds me of the error message that I used to get from Windows 3.1, when someone pulled a trick to stop some users from hopping on to the internet by deleting Netscape.exe, back where I used to be at, back in the 1990s, when the internet was new.

Ok... Hm. Well, since the fileset six months ago and now, I did do some extra house cleaning. One of the things I did was remove the URL association. Could that be it? .

That hits the mark! It appears that it is because of the .url file association being deleted, but I wasn't sure how to put that back. It appears that there's no way to submit the 3D Mark 2001 SE results without the .url file association.

I tried to find another method to submit the results, but failed.

Edited by RJARRRPCGP

allright. let me have a few days to remedy this. i'll fix my fileset and put a fix on my site to restore the association.

meanwhile buy a calendar for 2007. it's for a good cause. i am friends with the covergirl but i can't say that any of the others are worth looking at because i don't know them, heh...