using Nlite to integrate Ryan hotfix pack

lostboy604

Hi,

i am using Nilte to integrated Ryanmv hotfix pack into windows xp unatttened, after i installed it to my pc, when i go to control panel, add or remove software, check on show updates, but it won't show any hotfix in the window, it it normal? or it supposes to show all the KB.......??

TIA

Ummm... I think he wants to know how can he check to see which ones are actually in there after he's finished installation.

Best way I can think of to do that is to go to Windows Update and see what pops up (if anything):

Start > All Programs > Windows Update OR:

http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/

(You must use Internet Explorer for this, not Firefox.)

That's what I always do. If anything, at least you'll know what's NOT included.

Hope this helps. ;)

Edited by RaGhul

Ummm... I think he wants to know how can he check to see which ones are actually in there after he's finished installation.

Best way I can think of to do that is to go to Windows Update and see what pops up (if anything):

Start > All Programs > Windows Update OR:

http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/

(You must use Internet Explorer for this, not Firefox.)

That's what I always do. If anything, at least you'll know what's NOT included.

Hope this helps. ;)

There isnt any real (official) way to find out which ones got installed properly, so your best bet is to check the ryanvm changelog and compare that with windows update. If you just want to make sure the pack itself was integrated (without checking on individual hotfixes), there is a registry key to check, but I cannot remember it off the top of my head.

EDIT: The correct key is HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Updates

Edited by Speeddymon

Just thought of another way to do it.

I remember one time I stumbled across the list in Control Panel somewhere. I think you need this addon, though:

addondl.png

One of the CPL (Control Panel) addons is 'Windows Updates', which gives you a list of, well...

Since it gets integrated into XP, and installs with it, it picks up all the updates installed by Ryan's pack (if I remember correctly. Don't quote me on that.)

Try it!! :D

Just thought of another way to do it.

I remember one time I stumbled across the list in Control Panel somewhere. I think you need this addon, though:

addondl.png

One of the CPL (Control Panel) addons is 'Windows Updates', which gives you a list of, well...

Since it gets integrated into XP, and installs with it, it picks up all the updates installed by Ryan's pack (if I remember correctly. Don't quote me on that.)

Try it!! :D

I'm checking into it right now.

EDIT: This is a beautiful program! Yes it tells you every patch installed on the system, whether it is installed with windows or after.

Edited by Speeddymon