Need your opinion.

Need everyone’s opinion.

Ok, I have got a section of the Theme Wizard made, just need to add it into the newest version (as it was made for pre Ver 5.0)

The section I have completed is the one most everyone will appreciate. I have been working on making options in the “Options Screen” that will allow you to select which “Theme” you would like to use but in a much easier way.

What you will be able to do is select the “Theme Graphics” and then the “Theme Layout” to use. This means, that layout that someone made that you love but hate there graphics they used in there “Theme” you can now use there “Layout” with someone else’s “Graphics”. The next benefit to this is that in the near future you will have control over the color for each “Theme”. So there will be no need to manually go and find all the little areas where it changes color or font or font style and edit them in notepad or something. Additionally each “Theme” will be able to have its own colors for everything including the “ToolTips” so you can make it match for each “Theme”. And you will be able to change them all with in the program.

The other advantage of this is , it will make it so that all you need to do is make graphics for the themes and not worry about the WPI.HTM file needing to be updated ever time there is a new release. The WPI.HTM file might not change much in future release or at all, even if it does the programmers will only have a few files to change to make the update, and not have to update every “Theme” like they currently have to. Which means upon each new release, the “Theme(s)” you like and use will already be compatible with the new versions as they are released.

Now here is where I need everyone’s opinion.

The current way it works is that once you select your “Theme Graphics” it will show you a preview of the Graphics but not the layout. The preview is will show will mainly depend upon the screen capture that the creator makes and uses as a preview which will be shrunk down to width:250px and height:188px. Now when you select a layout there will be no preview of the layout only the graphics part.

That is unless people decide to have two preview screens one for the graphics and one for the layout. As the layout preview would work the same as the “Graphics” preview (Snapshot). Would you like 2 preview screens or just the graphics one?

Another question. I am also going to work on making the previews larger and trying to merge them into one live preview. That is the current selected “Theme” and “Layout” would show us just as they would if you loaded it. (Would take a lot of programming) The way of making work is have a full screen view come up and you would need to click (Exit) to exit out of it. I feel it would be easier to just reloaded WPI to see what it would look like. It would take the same amount of mouse clicks and load time either way. (Thoughts)

So the two questions are:

Question 1:

One or two Preview Screens – One for the “Theme Graphics” and one for the “Theme Layout”

Question 2:

Use Full screen live preview or just reload WPI to see combined looks? – (Note: would take the same amount of mouse clicks and load time either way.)

Please post all questions and thoughts.

Thank you,

Albert

Edited by almulder

Question 1:

One or two Preview Screens – One for the “Theme Graphics” and one for the “Theme Layout”

i think 2 would be helpful

Question 2:

Use Full screen live preview or just reload WPI to see combined looks? – (Note: would take the same amount of mouse clicks and load time either way.)

i think a reload would be just as easy, so it really makes no difference to me, but yet a live preview would be nicer,