Nliting with Recovery Partion

Blindtoo

Is it possible to create an unattended disk using ONLY the Recovery partition(or disks created from partition for recovery) and whatever tools are available for download? If so, can someone point me in the right direction? Thank you. :}

Edited by Blindtoo

Is it possible to create an unattended disk using ONLY the Recovery partition(or disks created from partition for recovery) and whatever tools are available for download? If so, can someone point me in the right direction? Thank you. :}

Depends on the type of image. Try first without nLite (using only the i386 folder if there is any).

By "image" do you mean how the recovery partition looks. I've actually been successful in creating an unlocked copy of the rec. part. to a folder that has the I386 folder, boot.ini, and WIN51 files etc...

Using nLite it does not see the i386 folder and when you say "try first" that means...?

Edited by Blindtoo

... that means this is nLite forum and if you can't make a dead normal XP install disk (no tweaking, slipstreaming etc) starting from what you got, there's no point bringing the discussion on nLite's ground. :angel

In some cases it is possible.

But as said, this has nothing to do with nlite.

You first need to recreate a fairly accurate copy of the original CD from files, and only LATER, if it works normally (full install and "attended") you can try nliting it, and making it "unattended".

See here:

http://www.911cd.net/forums//index.php?showtopic=16381

for a start.

jaclaz

My deepest apologies Ponch if my post happened to step slightly outside of "nLite ground". I am simply trying to learn more and it appears as though my attempts have only revealed my misunderstanding of what nLite is meant for.

Thank you jaclaz for pointing me in the right direction. Thank you also Ponch for your attempts. In the future I will make sure to be absolutely positive that my post relates only to the forum for which it is meant.