IE 7 not installed with hfslip 1.2.0

arjanv

TC, I'm supposed to be WiseOwl, are you supposed to be WiseGuy? Okay slipstreamed was the wrong word, try integrated. :}

However the fact still remains that the script isn't doing what it should, and truth be told it hasn't done for at least the last six months.

What I meant is that if I have to install it after the OS is fully loaded, then it may as well be done seperately later from another CD. This would leave more space on my CD for other things which can be `integrated` into the install.

Here we go again...:P

@Kiki, thanks for trying to help, but I don't think that's what Tomcat meant. I believe he was referring to the times when using T-13 (SVCPACK) works and when using it does not.

That's right. IE7 can only be installed at T-13 if your version of Windows doesn't rely on activation.
my apologies ... i thought issue was about options when to execute IE7 installation :(

• 2 weeks later...

Just a little bump, to see if anyone is willing to try some new suggestions here!

Using the /integrate switch etc. and the 'old fashioned' svcpack.inf [setupHotfixesToRun] section. My IE7 and WMP11 installs run and install flawlessly.

I hope this removes any doubt about my ability to ascertain my version of OS!

Using the /integrate switch etc. and the 'old fashioned' svcpack.inf [setupHotfixesToRun] section. My IE7 and WMP11 installs run and install flawlessly.
/integrate? There are posts all over that this doesn't work with the IE7 executable and I tested it myself too: I get an error message and that's it. How come it works for you?
Notice the etc.
[SetupHotfixesToRun] 
<snip>
IE7WINXP.EXE /quiet /norestart /update-no /nobackup
<snip>

...which is apart from my renaming of the executable, exactly the same as the parameters used in svcpack.inf from hfslip.

If I had changed it in some way it wouldn't have been a true test of whether it works or not!

Well... That's weird. It's almost as if the name of the file matters...

Can you verify that HFSLIP copies the right file into SVCPACK?

HFSLIP takes any file in HF of which the name starts with "IE7-Windows" and the last one it encounters is recorded in the XPIE7 variable. This is done so all languages are supported. In the SVCPACK section, HF\%XPIE7% is copied into SOURCESS\I386\SVCPACK as IE7_INST.EXE.

I can't believe that Windows setup would trip over an underscore, so the only thing I can think of that could've gone wrong is that HFSLIP took the wrong exe.

I'm still stumped on this!

The correct file is copied over as IE7_INST.EXE, but everything in scvpack.inf is installed except for IE7; my final installation still has IE6.

It cannot be the underscore because both .Net and JRE installers contain them.

Attached is an archive with my HFSLIP.LOG (renamed), a listing of my \I386\SVCPACK, and my SVCPACK.INF. I hope they help, although somehow I predict not!

more_of.rar

You should've become a clairvoyant :)

Did you install it at the end too when you did it manually?

Same issue if you install without 0_dotNET30-VJ20.exe, installs.cmd and tweaks.cmd?

Try using /passive instead of /quiet. That might at least show where things go wrong.