Need your opinion

pS-

I agree with that, just a bit lower: 600 CAD.

For 900 CAD you could get a system that performs the same or even better but NEW, with options to upgrade in DDR2, not with DDR1 and 4 banks full with "just" 1GB for example. The video card is nice but has the same performance of a newer 250 CAD card.

And "very new" in computer world is 3 months…

Need some help on building a system? Here we are ;).

Not bad, but not a great deal either...

For 165$ cheaper:

Core 2 Duo E6300 (MUCH faster!)

Gigabyte S3 board (good at OC'ing)

EVGA E-GEFORCE 7600 GT PCI-E 256M (don't know how it compares honestly. both are WAY overkill for a non-gamer like me)

Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 320GB SATA2 3GB/S 7200RPM 16MB (70GB more, twice the cache)

Same DVD burner

1GB RAM in one stick (I'd hate to fill slots with tiny 512MB sticks personally; spend the extra 130$ out of your 165$ savings to make it a pair and have 2GB if you want, and still have saved 35$)

Different case (but check the reviews by searching the model #, it's not bad seemingly)

(Pre-built too)

Linky

It's not a perfect system either, but this is a pretty fast system compared to the other one, and it's cheaper. For 965$ I'd expect more. You can save even more if you look for specials and assemble it youself (quick and easy)

They have a X2 3800+ EE system rather similar to the one you've quoted too, for 740$ too, but you're hardly saving anything over the Core 2 Duo really... But it's still 225$ cheaper than the one you posted, for something almost identical Linky

BTW, that picture's font is so freakin' huge I can read it w/o glasses :lol:

Edited by crahak

Not bad, but not a great deal either...

Linky

It's not a perfect system either, but this is a pretty fast system compared to the other one, and it's cheaper. For 965$ I'd expect more. You can save even more if you look for specials and assemble it youself (quick and easy)

They have a X2 3800+ EE system rather similar to the one you've quoted too, for 740$ too, but you're hardly saving anything over the Core 2 Duo really... But it's still 225$ cheaper than the one you posted, for something almost identical Linky

Cool, your post helped me a lot. Made me question my product. I have a few questions although:

1) Is this one better than mine, video card wise? (nevermind the intel duo)

2) All these prices are in CDN, but are the prices including taxes?

1) Like I've said before:

don't know how it compares honestly

They're both 7600 series, and that's about as much as I know about video card 3D performance. I'm not a gamer AT ALL, so I don't follow video card series and benchmarks whatsoever. I'm perfectly happy with onboard video of any kind - I'd be just as happy with a PCI ATI Rage XL 8MB. The only reason I'd buy anything faster nowadays is Vista and and apps using WPF (and perhaps H.264 decoding acceleration). If you want to know exactly how they compare, you'll have to google for some benchmarks (or perhaps some gamer can answer this)

2) No they're not, but I'm comparing against pre-tax prices too. Same taxes should apply.

Okay, video card:

Pipelines are the same but lower clock speeds applied. With other words the GS isn’t great in games at all but will do while the GT will run most games smooth up to 1280*1024 at high settings.

Play a little with this link from Toms Hardware and see how it performs in there benchmarks.