Having problems on config.js

Newest status:- Changed from %AUTOINSTALL% to %CDROM% -> failed!

- Changed from %CDROM% to %WPIPATH% -> failed!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I already SET WPIPATH=%CDROM%\WPI, where all my wpi folder exists, and all my installer exist at wpi's subfolder AUTOINSTALL.

May I know what error am i making for config.js below?

prog[pn]=['ACDSee']

uid[pn]=['ACDSEE']

picw[pn]=['128']

pich[pn]=['128']

desc[pn]=['v3.0 - ACDSee is an image browser. With it, you can view many images format at full-screen. It also can view folder at thumbnail view. It also allow batch rename files.']

textl[pn]=['Bottom']

texti[pn]=['1']

ordr[pn]=[11]

cmd1[pn]=['%WPIPATH%\\AUTOINSTALL\\acdsee3\\acdsee3.cmd']

cat[pn]=['TOOLS']

pn++

But it keeps on prompting Windows cannot find '%WPIPATH%\AUTOINSTALL\acdsee3\acdsee3.cmd'. Pls help!

Also, just to remind this is from older version of WPI, which I copied from "Windows XP Ultimate Experience DVD", so I do not know what version it is.

I use this version as below because I love its installer windows. I try version 5.6 but dont like its installer.

wpiguiyd9.jpg

Below is the installer window from newest WPI which I dont like:-

screen6.gif

Or it is possible to set installer windows for WPI 5.6 to become the one I like?

Edited by waykeong

Why didn't you use %CDROM%\AUTOINSTALL if %AUTOINSTALL% is the same?

If this works the problem is to get the value behind %AUTOINSTALL% - maybe it's an Windows-Problem or an WPI-problem.

Where did you set this environment variable?

--> %CDROM% is only defined in WPI

If you define %AUTOINSTALL% before running WPI I think it's an Windows-problem.

I think this would work if you set %AUTOINSTALL%, restart Windows and run WPI.

But if you only need %AUTOINSTALL% for WPI you can also use %CDROM%\AUTOINSTALL (this is my prefered solution).

Al

Edited by AlBundy33

AUTOINSTALL is NOT %CDROM%\AUTOINSTALL - AUTOINSTALL is %WPIPATH%\AUTOINSTALL or %CDROM%\WPI\AUTOINSTALL.

Maybe this was your problem.

[EDIT]

Sorry have not seen you modified post.

I tihnk on older WPI-versions %WPIPATH% was not implemented.

Hava a look into WPI_log.txt (by default on your desktop as far as I know) why install failes.

Are you shure that %CDROM% has the correct value?

My suggestion is:

1. Don't use own environment-variables in WPI (%WPIPATH%, %CDROM% and some more are created directly in WPI).

2. download the latest WPI and don't modifiy any files on it

3. use your config.js with commands like %WPIPATH%\\AUTOINSTALL\\...

4. test if this configuration works. :)

[/EDIT]

Al

Edited by AlBundy33

I'm not familiar with the version you are using. Depending on how modified the original WPI code is and how old it is, you may be able to determine the version by doing the following: Open WPI.hta with a text editor and look for the "<HTA:APPLICATION" tag. There should be an entry for the version in that tag.

Edited by zorphnog

RunOnceEx hasn't been used since WPI 4.3.8. I moved away from that to have total control of the install process. If you don't like the look of it, edit the .css file and change it.

The main thing is that you cannot set WPIPATH or CDROM in an external script and expect them to work. They are set internally by WPI. WPIPATH was created in 5.0 or 5.1, I believe.