Problem with Paint.NET 3 betà 1

Jeronimo

Do not but too much effort in this one, because it is beta program causing and issue on a Windows Vista installation by vLite alpha 7, but I encountered the following error:

Product: Paint.NET v3.0 -- Error 1904. Module C:\Windows\system32\wiaaut.dll failed to register. HRESULT -2147024770. Contact your support personnel.

Maybe it is because I removed Windows Image Acquisition? I do not think it is a critical error. Just have it verrified by you nuhi.

Edited by Jeronimo

Thanks, we can't call it an error, as you can see WIA removed WIA file missing. However if I see any other program needing that file I'll keep it.

Also it's time for a Keep box.

A topic for all these would be appreciated:

UltraVNC requires auth.dll for MS Logon (I; W9x) and authSSP.dll for New MS Logon (II; NT4/200/XP/Vista) functionality to work.

Maybe these should all be included in UltrVNC but only authSSP.dll is

Edited by Jeronimo

• 1 month later...

Ok, if I remove the Windows Image Acquisition, then Paint.NET 3.0 will give the error that wiaaut.dll is missing if I click "File -> Print". So what is the compatibility window with Paint.NET in it for? I checked that Paint.NET compatibility should be kept, but it only works right, if I don't delete WIA.

Edited by Dynaletik

Do you have wiaaut.dll in the system32 after using Paint compatibility and removed WIA?

If you have try deleting it then try to run Paint.NET and see if it will error out before print, that would at least show what is compatibility for.

Hmm, I created a new Vista DVD and installed it. Now there is no error at all (I didn't remove WIA). But when I click on "File -> Print" in Paint.NET nothing happens. No error message, but even no Print dialog pops up. With the Paint included in Vista this works. Someone else has got this problem? I attached my last session.ini.

EDIT: Done with new vLite.

Edited by Dynaletik

• 2 months later...

Hello again. I've done some short testing. I installed Windows and kept Photogallery. In that system, the Paint.NET print function worked!

Now after that I deleted Photogallery from that image und reinstalled. Now the Paint.NET print function did not work!

Paint.NET calls up the same print-agent that the Photogallery uses to print pictures, so it seems as if Paint.NET depends on that for printing. (And yes, I enabled the Paint.NET compatibility in BOTH images! Used vLite 0.95 and Paint.NET 3.05)