Hotfixes For Windows XP Professional SP1

Aaron

@AaronXP

thanks i will, can you help me out with this?

I have created a Reg file that carries out reqistry tweaks, as explained in this formum (and thanks to everyone who has shared these), but i have noticed that most of these tweaks only apply to the current user.

If i change the "HKEY_CURRENT_USER" to say "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" would this work for every user???

@AaronXP or anyone

sorry to be a pain, i wish to use svcpack.inf to install the reg file, do i add it like this:-

END IF LIST,,,

Q828026.EXE /Q /N /Z /O

DX9NTopk.exe

QCHAIN.EXE

REGEDIT /S regtweaks.reg

and also do i copy the cmdlines.txt files to the $OEM$ folder or $OEM$\$1\install folder???

Use a cmd file from svcpack.inf to be on the safe side. But since you mentioned you're using cmdlines.txt you might as well use that instead. Add a "REGEDIT /S regtweaks.reg" under [Commands] in cmdlines.txt. Put both files in the $OEM$ folder.

btw, this should be asked in a seperate thread as its not related to the hotfixes.

Hi,

I have installed ROLLUP1 Patch (KB826939) from the svcpack.inf using the following switches

Q826939.EXE /Q /N /Z /O

It looks like the patch installed but the KB826939.log file shows errors, see attached file.

The setuperr.log is clear!

I have run qfecheck, and it tells me to reinstall KB817778, i install this from cmd file like this ECHO.

ECHO Installing Q817778 for Advanced Networking pack for Windows XP

start /wait %systemdrive%\install\hotfixes\Q817778.EXE /q /n /z

ECHO.

ECHO Installing Q817787 for Windows Media Player 8

start /wait %systemdrive%\install\hotfixes\Q817787.EXE /Q:A /R:N

ECHO.

ECHO Installing Q832483 Security Update for Microsoft Data Access Components

start /wait %systemdrive%\install\hotfixes\Q832483.exe /T:%systemdrive%\install\tmp /C:"%systemdrive%\install\tmp\dahotfix.exe /q /n" /Q

ECHO.

ECHO Installing Movie Maker 2.0

ECHO Please wait...

start /wait %systemdrive%\install\MovieMaker\mm20.msi /qn

ECHO.

ECHO Installing .NET Framework v1.1

ECHO Please wait...

start /wait %systemdrive%\install\NetFramework\netfx.msi /qb

ECHO.

ECHO Installing Microsoft JavaVM - Build 3810 Update

Echo Please wait...

Start /wait %systemdrive%\install\JavaVM\MSJAVWU_3810update.exe /Q:A /R:N

ECHO.

should i install below say the others :):rolleyes::D

KB826939.log

Shouldn't worry about that too much, most Web developers will rush to fix it on the popular sites as IE is the most used browser on the Internet.

ner - the errors shown in kb826939.log is normal. The errors even show on a Windows XP system which was installed manually, as well as the Update Rollup. (When I say manually, its not unattended)

@AaronXP,

cheers thats made my :D

I have moved the cmd for installing the

ECHO Installing Q817778 for Advanced Networking pack for Windows XP

start /wait %systemdrive%\install\hotfixes\Q817778.EXE /q /n /z

to the end of my main.cmd file. and i will try again. not sure if switches are correct????

i have found out my error ref installing the regtwaeks i use:-

[COMMANDS]

"REGEDIT /S regtweaks.reg" :rolleyes:

and should of used

[COMMANDS]

"REGEDIT /S .\regtweaks.reg" :)

cheers Nick

I've got all the critical patches integrated into my post-install batch file but one, Q814078 (Java) doesn't seem to be getting applied correctly. I don't see any error msgs but after my batch file has finished and the system has been rebooted, QFECheck doesn't show it and Windowsupdate.com says it's still required. Using the same patch file I can apply it manually (silent or with dialogs) to satisfy QFECheck and WIndowsupdate. Any idea why it won't apply in the batch procedure? I used the specified type 2 switches /Q:A /R:N and placed it in numerical sequence with the other batched patches.

I'm having the infamous T12 Hang problem. :):rolleyes::D This Problem is really getting on my nerves as I've redone everything about 5 times but when I go to test the ISO it always hangs on the t12 mark.

all my files are setup as they should be but when it gets done with t13 installations and is on the t12 portion it just freezes. The only thing it does is change the banners but it doesn't do any thing else.