how f***ed up is this next generation?

ripken204

@ripken204- Almost everything that has been written in this thread is true, accurate and some good points have been made. Your observation is real. Games are so well 'written' that they are addicting to some and that includes adults. I know one person whose parent (making them my age) that went bankrupt due to addiction. And don't even get me started on parents that allow or don't monitor what their kids watch on VH1 or MTV.

DL

A 10 yo boy cries for anything. ;)

Also, if you want the mtv of 20 years ago, you'll also need the musicians and groups of 20 years ago. :yes:

I've been a lot fatter than I am now (>80kgs at 16 or so).

I slimmed down to less than 70kgs but now I'm 74kgs (I think). I never played video games a lot but I was fat.

The thing that made me slim was maybe The Matrix. This probably sound strange but it was funny to see them do all these moves and this made me realize I just couldn't move or handle anything; I was really weak and I simply couldn't stand this.

In fact, I now realize I had no reason to move. In today's world, everything can be done without harass. But now I appreciate being able to do fast everything I want. :)

@ripken, tell me about it. my brother cried and screamed when i got a gameboy advance :blink: my parents didn't give in and buy him one, they said he had to be like me in order to get one (i had a job at the time, so i payed for it myself). ill tell ya, that was the biggest waste of money i ever spent, i used it for like 2 months, then i just got bored of it (at that time, my bro had gotten one for christmas, so i couldn't give it to him) its now just sitting in my top dresser drawer with my gameboy pocket that i got when i was 8. (i got the advance when i was 13)

to this day, i don't play video games. the games i do like, are games that require thought and strategy, like puzzles and stuff like that. i really like tetris and that marble maze game that comes with the Xbox 360 (my brother is getting one this christmas, so i got to test his out to make sure it was working)

im so sick of my brothers games, his stupid computer games are killing my bandwidth on the internet. i can't upload or download anything because of them :realmad: im considering blocking internet to his computer, or at least limiting his use of the bandwidth, but i dont know how to do that.

i don't watch much tv either, so i can't comment on the VH1 stuff.

im not overly obese, but i could stand to lose a few :P (which i hope to accomplish when i start working at combined air in the next year or so)

just as long as people know that there is a difference between real life and virtual reality, im ok with people playing games. but they have to realize, there's also more to life than games.

@camrade_tux, just noticed your spam poison signature, thats a really good idea. i think i'll have to get one of them :P

Edited by Cygnus