Old, New Setup Menu for 2k3

RobHague

I was just playing around yesterday with some old Whistler BETA cd's and seeing if there was anything i could remove with Resource Hacker (image etc) and i had a thought. The 'Autorun' menu in 2000 is rather nice and simple. Surley it would look better than the 'big colourful' teletubby type button autorun menu? It may not be 'essential' or that important but ive run out of things to modify and fiddle with. :lol

autorun.PNG

I have very limited tools available to me at the moment, 'Paint' is all i have on my system (i had abobe but the CD got damaged :/) at the moment so im sure people can do better...

Here is the file so edit away and post back ur changes if you have a spare few mins. Ive not made any changes to make it work with ALL the extra features of the win2k3 CD but its just a matter of editing the target paths with reshacker.

:)

Setup.rar

They look very cool Thanatos :) Can you do some 'alternative' ones for win2k3? :D

As terminator3 said the target paths can be edited with Resource Hacker :rolleyes: i didnt change them as i was just playing around and just wanted to see what images people would make to make it worth while. :D

How do I know which paths correspond to which buttons, there are no dialogs in the file when I open it with reshacker. Is there any way to find out. I'd like to add a few new tools to the install :)

I'll have a go at some 2003 BMPs if I can get it working first

Ok I've looked into it more it looks like we need to replace the string table to add menu items and tell setup.exe what to run, say for terminal client. But that's were I'm having problems, I can't figure out how to replace the string table, I can edit the text already there but when I try to import a new string table with a test menu item it does not take it, anyone good with resource hacker or resource tuner that could anwser this?