Networkcard defekt ?

darph

Hi

i´ve got a problem with my networkcard from my asus A7V8X it wont work i can find the pc in the network but only the pc wich the mainboard is build in.

no other pc :) so can somebody help me i search for some methods to test if the card is realy out of work. Because i don´t wont to build out the board and send it to asus again it is so much work to build it out.

so long

darph

Have you changed the OS?

Maybe it's a driver problem...

Have you checked the wire? The problem may be there too (a friend of mine had that problem recently. He removed the wire and put it back in and it worked.) Might be the hub-switch-router problem either...

Another suggestion would be to use a PCI network card rather than the onboard one. It's easier to replace when it breaks.

Update/reinstall your NIC driver.

Check your protocols. Pick one and stick with it. NetBIOS must be installed on all the computers for them to see each other. Or NetBEUI. You can't expect them to see each other if one is using NetBEUI and NetBIOS on the other.

If you're using NetBIOS and use WinXP you must disable the built-in firewall and install and configure a 3rd party.

Check your speed settings. If you are, for example, using a 10Mbps max. hub your network card's speed setting must be no higher than 10Mbps. Check to see if your cable is indicated as being plugged in, if using 2000 or XP.

thx for the support

the wire is ok with an other pc it works. I have install the newes driver i found on the asus hp. Netbios is installed, 2k acept the cable when i plugged in. I had ping an other pc no signal but with a PCI Nic it works without a problem.

so i don´t know what i can do at the time at the afternoon i reinstall my os may be it will work

so long

darph

//edit by darph

The network works now without a problem dont ask why i dont know but it works

thx for the support