[Question] Router didn't respond after turn it on?

grafx1

actually, the router isn't in my appartment, and i can't remember the brand, but i know the chip from the web based configuration page.

Update: i'd found that to solve the problem for now: after making a new connection with the router, i'd to wait about 3 minutes until establishing a connection as you told me jcarle...

may be router is getting old.

also using hibernate may solve the problem of shutting PC during the day, so that when resuming, i can find the connection alive.

that what i'd found till now...

Edited by grafx1

You haven't said that your friends are having these problems. If it is just you, then this could potentially be a DNS or DHCP problem.

Compare your network settings to your friends if their machines don't have these problems.

You haven't said that your friends are having these problems. If it is just you, then this could potentially be a DNS or DHCP problem.

Compare your network settings to your friends if their machines don't have these problems.

Good point, i'll try to talk to them as soon as possible... Thanks TAiN :)

Use the router's IP as your gateway and your DNS.

+1

Like jcarle wrote, change your PC to obtain the IP info automatically. Make your router have the static IP that was assigned by the ISP and have it, the router, assign the DHCP info to your LAN.