got funny internet problem

sven

I had this problem recently, that my internet just seamed to crash or something. when i check the logs on my router, it says i got this

Sep/09/2003 -18:06:46 - PPPoE: Receive PADT TAG -- Disconnect PPPoE line
then, i check again today, and i have another PADT TAG at 18:18 that same day.

I run bell sympatico High speed internet, and this hapenned while i was on there site.

What is this Padt tag, and what does it do. could it have done the problem discussed here?

Did you subscribe to the new Sympatico promo (35$/month for unlimited bandwidth - that's 35 CANADIAN dollars)?

If so, I heard that the connection cuts from time to time, because the service is unlimited in quantity of transfers, but not in hours online (despite what CS might say).

Otherwise, you've been disconnected for some mysterious reasons...

sven, go to your router's home page (usually 192.168.*.*), check the "Keep Alive: Redial Period 30 sec." setting...

Go to the "Status" tab, click on "Disconnect", wait a bit, then click "Connect".

Go to the "Advanced" tab, click on the "DMZ Host" tab, and set the last digit to "0"...It should look like "192.168.1.0" or something like that.

I've heard of kidd0 doing stuff like this, but he wouldn't know you...

Hope this works out! :) If you don't have a Linksys router, (can't remember if you do) try to interpret these with whatever router you have! :rolleyes:

Oh yea, not sure, but now its unlimited bandwidth, right ggtyh?

And I stay online for as long as I want, for weeks at a time, and sometimes months...But I disconnect every now and then...