Movies running slow...

jason_guy13

hey man,

I had encountered a similar problem in XP when I was watching a movie (any format just like you) and doing some other thing that was taxing on my video card (I enjoyed my fantasy of playing Doom 3 on my external monitor while watching CSI on my notebooks screen). What basically happened in my case was that the Video card wasnt able to keep up with everything, and so the video slows down, realizes it has done so, and then catches up quickly to re-synchronize with the consistent audio. In windows Vista this may be the case simply because vista inherently uses more graphics memory than XP does. You may want to try turning Aero off (if you have it on) or changing your preformance/appearance options to increase preformance. I doubt it has anything to do with WMP or codecs.

• 7 months later...
Guest mixomix

I have similar problem, but it appears together with poor quality (lowered resolution in movies i think and with bad colors)....

I think that solution to this problem can solve mine as well..

Edited by mixomix

"SYMPTOMS

When you configure the video functionality to use interlaced mode on a Windows Vista-based computer, you may experience poor video quality. Specifically, the video output may be very jerky. You may also notice many dropped frames."

Microsoft have done a patch for it here : http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

try a different video driver

... and ffdshow ;)

this is not a driver problem at all but most likely a codec problem. vista's WMP just sucks in my opinion. whenever i watch a movie encoded in divx, the video will eventually fall behind the audio or things get messed up some other way.

b/c of those issues, i use vlc media player

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

give this a try :)