Networking Problem

cspm2003

hey all,

I have a little problem and am seeking for some help:

The problem is, I've setup a client/server network with one server (server 2k3 as an os) and 6 workstations (all running xp pro). The hole thing started to work really good, and I 4 of the workstations were able to join the domain, but the other two are giving me error messages.

Here's how I let the workstations join the domain:

I right clicked on my computer, and selected properties. In the system properties window, I clicked the Network Identification tab, and then on the Network ID button. The Network identification wizard pops up, I click next, select that the pc is part of a business network, clicked next, and then said my company uses a network with a domain. I filled out all the required information, clicked next. In the next step of the wizzard, I typed in the computer name, and the Domain again. After I click next again, Then when I click next, a box comes up requesting the username, password, and domain name. I typed in all the information, click next, but then I receive an error message saying "access denied".

Anybody knows what this could be? I plugged in my laptop to the network and tryed to connect it, and am able to connect useing the same username, so I dont think it's a problem with the server.

please help me,

thanks

Your server needs to have the computer names of the client on it. That means that when a computer attempts to connect, if the server has the name of that computer in its little love list, then it will grant access of the domain to that computer. I cant remember off the top of my head where you go to change which computers you're allowing to access the server, but im sure if you poke around in the adminstrator tools, you'll find it.

If by any chance, the computer is already in the list, delete it, re-add it, then try to reconnect.

thx for the reply, before I connected any PC to the network, I addedd all the user accounts and computer names, and I created at least 5 test accounts, but allways get the same problem with those two pcs. It's kinda frustrating

thx for the reply, before I connected any PC to the network, I addedd all the user accounts and computer names, and I created at least 5 test accounts, but allways get the same problem with those two pcs. It's kinda frustrating

Check the folder permintions and thigs like that to make sure you can use that user name and password with the computers.

no. I can log on with the usernames/computernames with my laptop, and all the other clients, just those two clients are not working, I also tryed loging in with the username/computername from other working clients, but also doesn't work