Sound Card

Aegis

me and a friend are going to start scrapping/building computers and selling the parts.

i scrapped a computer the school was getting rid of, i got 768 MB of ram from it, and a pair of PCI cards that are integrated Video and LAN, one has internal SCSI, the other has two LAN [one LAN one server] and it has a keyboard input, which i may eventually use, but having it is a plus, because they [just barely] fit in my computer, so i could take out my ethernet and my graphics, and put that in [if it has 32bit or better] to use. which means i could go dual moniter, dual keyboard, one for each screen, have it set to do music or video editing on one screen, then browse the internet on the other....its quite handy actually, i'll try to take pictures of them later, right now im going to try to get drivers for the cards, then install windows on a different hard drive as a guinea pig so i don't screw this one up. :whistle:

i also got a heat sync and a CPU fan, and a few spare screws and a 10 gig SCSI HDD, which isn't that bad, it'll be an Adobe Audition /temp folder

well, i will be buying a USB 2.0 card, but i have no USB keyboards or mice, just ps/2

i used to have a guinea pig, but..i wont get into it, its a short but sad story.

i don't want to run the risk of USB devices not being recognized on boot, which is why i don't have a USB surround sound adapter. my printer us USB, but there are certain things i want to stay old school about.

at my school theres a card like that in one of the G5s, its used for taking audio from many places for video editing, it can also be used for recording, although personally i'd rather go through a soundboard.

i had to bring home my computer from school, its got a PCI SB-live, 5.1 digital surround sound, i want this to go upstairs but it just can't. :}