Sabayon Linux

DigeratiPrime

Sabayon Linux 3.3 Release Plan

Hi all,

I want to start saying "it's all fine here!". because it is. really. Sabayon Linux 3.3 release is nicely on track and will be released on the first days of March sporting a lot of new exciting features, bug fixes and a brand new artwork (that will come along with a website redesign :) ).

I am looking forward to this one.

• 3 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...

Sabayon Linux x86/x86-64 miniEdition 3.3

SabayonLinux x86/x86-64 miniEdition, commonly called the "mini", is the CD release of the latest SabayonLinux x86/x86-64 DVD. The creation of this special version, has been made with an automatic script that shrinks down the whole chroot jail by removing every duplicated, useless or server-oriented package. The multimedia features of these special editions are kept intact. So, enjoy that beautiful piece of software on a single CD!

http://www.sabayonlinux.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5631

X86 Torrent: http://www.linuxtracker.org/download.php?i...ion.iso.torrent

:)

• 5 months later...

a long time since the last update but it is well worth it! :-)

Sabayon Linux 3.4 x86/x86-64 miniEdition [stable Release]

http://www.sabayonlinux.org/forum/viewtopi...=60&t=10483

Distribution updates 3.4:

* Improved OpenGL configuration reliability

* NVIDIA Drivers updated to 100.14.19

* Compiz Fusion stability fixes (will be soon enabled by default on the supported hardware)

* Boot time 15% faster

• 5 weeks later...

I see over at Distrowatch that Sabayon is quite popular. I have used several distros with success. Slackware being one of my favorites, but for some reason Sabayon is causing me grief. I think its because my video is built in type. PCLinuxOS works flawless, so does opensuse and ubuntu, but not Sabayon. I hear great things about this release. I do get it installed but can't make it use 1024x768 to save my life. It always wants 800x640.

Try xorgsetup outside of X. It is quick to go through (if it is not then I've missed the names again and you should be running xorgconfig instead). Of course it can also create bad xorg.conf files but its output is usually very good. And if something goes wrong you can still try to check by yourself. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

:sneaky:

i'll look into this new Sabayon release, i actually really like it...i've used 3.4 a lot, and i love it..i like installing it with the Fluxbox environment, and it performs great..although not so friendly with the laptop.

i would definitely suggest this distro for others.

I tried Sabayon 3.4 briefly. I installed it, said "wow cool default theme", then loaded the KDE theme configuration, changed some stuff, then couldn't figure out how to get the default theme back. I went on their IRC channel and got the dreaded:

"There's no easy way to do that."

Deleted the VM and forgot about it.

• 4 weeks later...

i tried sabayon recently not sure what version, anyway it took hours to install and then it didnt have an easy way to install the nvidia drivers which was sad and then i edited xorg.conf and it stuffed up and it didnt let me back into command line after xserver failed to start, i think i prefer ubuntu