Is there a way to create dial-up conections within the winxp cd?

gugutz

Hi. I read your guys guide, and now i´m making my own windows cd. it´s getting beautiful.

but i wish to know if there is a reg tweak or script to create and configure dial-up conections, so i don´t have to use that boring assistant everytime i format my windows.

Does anyone here know how can i do that?

Since now, thanks.

Gugutz.

i´ve read it, but didn´t get it yet.

what i wish to know is that there is a folder or a registry entry that i can save with all my already configured internet dial-up connections, so when my xp installs, they will be all already created.

i lookup at the regedit.exe, but all i´ve found was RAS\Default with a key called Orolix, wich is the primary server i use to connect.

Sample .isp FileYou must create an .isp file to dial up and connect to your Internet Service Provider (ISP) sign-up server. This sample demonstrates one use of an .isp file.

[Entry]Entry_Name = Fabrikam Corporation Sign-Up

[Phone]

Area_Code = 425

Country_Code = 1

Country_ID = 1

Dial_As_Is = No

Phone_Number = 707-9790

[server]

Negotiate_TCP_IP = Yes

PW_Encrypt = No

SW_Compress = Yes

Type = PPP

[TCP/IP]

Gateway_On_Remote = Yes

IP_Header_Compress = Yes

Specify_IP_Address = No

Specify_Server_Address = No

[user]

Name = guest

Password =

Signup = http://1.2.3.4/scripts/signup.exe

[support]

Support_Number = 800-123-1234

from Internet service provider section of ref.chm

does this work ???

Prior to SP2, I have been using the same rasphone.pbk found in:

%AllUsersProfile%\Application Data\Microsoft\Network\Connections\Pbk

I haven't tried this under SP2. See if it works.

man, i think this will do. i´m doing some tests, but i think that´s it.

later i´ll post here if it works.

really aprecciate all your help.

hugs!

:)

hey, i saved the pbk file, and imported some registry entry that i found with the words RAS, like RAS Phone book and all, and when i installed windows, they were there, all of my connections.

only one problem, though.

since the files at the installation of windows is copied from a cd, it saves on the hard disk as read-only, unwritable and uneditable. and even saving the pbk folder with all the contents in it, they didn´t save my usernames and passwords for each connection.

is there a way to remove the read-only tag with some sort of script or .com or .bat file, and is there also a way to preserve my usernames and passwords for each connection?

since now, thanks. you are all been very kind and helpfull. my xp cd it´s getting going!

Hugs!

For the read-only issue, just execute this command anytime after your rasphone.pbk had been copied to its destination:

attrib -r "%AllUsersProfile%\Application Data\Microsoft\Network\Connections\Pbk\rasphone.pbk"

For the usernames and passwords issue, I strongly think they are written to the Registry.

In my country, we use free access numbers which do not need a user name or password. This is why I didn't refer to this issue when I posted.

I'm sorry.

is there anyone from another country who can tell me that information?

it´s really annoying to have to put the username e passwords for each of the 6 providers i use.

if someone can help, i really aprecciate.

it´s really annoying to have to put the username e passwords for each of the 6 providers i use.

I use NirCmd with rasdial switch to create users and passwords

HTH

Edited by Gogol

I tried the RegShot method, but didn´t work.

when i try to import the tweaks, appears a message saying "error acessing registry".

when i used reg shot and compare the changes, i copied and pasted the info there to a reg file called regtweaks dialup.reg, and copied all the files RegShot said it was modified during the process of creating connections, except SECURITY at windows\system32\condig folder, witch cannot be copied, not even in Safe Mode.

here goes a sample of what i made:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft][HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Cryptography\RNG]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Cryptography\RNG]

"Seed"=hex(3):29,46,BC,99,B8,59,32,3C,E5,B4,03,16,E7,E1,EF,30,17,0D,AD,49,8C,BA,\

38,87,DE,EC,53,CD,2E,54,5F,90,17,DB,A2,76,41,B1,FE,E7,44,15,0D,76,35,BA,8F,32,\

F1,53,67,51,E2,65,BF,73,81,C5,B3,2F,A8,1E,4A,8F,82,CE,DF,32,0F,5E,BD,71,23,3F,\

2A,B4,5C,C2,39,8E

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Prefetcher]

"TracesProcessed"=dword:0000006E

"TracesSuccessful"=dword:0000006C

"LastTraceFailure"=dword:00000004

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Network\SharedAccessConnection]

"EnableControl"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SharedAccess\Epoch]

"Epoch"=dword:00000032

[HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-682003330-1844823847-2146765159-500]

[HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-682003330-1844823847-2146765159-500\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Shell Extensions\Cached]

"{7007ACC7-3202-11D1-AAD2-00805FC1270E} {10DF43C8-1DBE-11D3-8B34-006097DF5BD4} 0x401"=hex(3):00,\

00,00,00,36,00,38,00,9C,AE,A6,07,AA,DA,C6,01

[HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-682003330-1844823847-2146765159-500\SessionInformation]

"ProgramCount"=dword:00000004

so i think i´m giving up using registry entries, cause i thinkg actually the login and pass is save at the SECURITY file at \WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\Condig folder, a file witch cannot be copied or edited.

so the new question is: ins´t there a way using switches to use New Connections Wizard to automacticly put phone number, username and pass, and other configs, like hide username and passwords when opens the connection, and stuff like that?

i figure that if there is a way to acess the file that opens New connections wizard, and use some sort of command lines or switches, i could create a .cmd file to automacticly create the new connection every time windows starts, so that way i won´t need to save rasphone.pbk or shareacess.ini at the All Users\Microsoft\Network\Connections\FS folder files.

it would be something like:

start connectmngr (or wathever the file name of internet connection wizard is) -setname xxx -setusername xxx -setpassword xxx -setlocalarecode xx -hidusername - hidpass -redialafter 5 seconds

is there a way to do it? i really need these connections to be made at windows installation.

thanks, guys!

QUOTE(gugutz @ Sep 17 2006, 01:03 PM) *

I use NirCmd with rasdial switch to create users and passwords

HTH

You could also use
nircmd setdialuplogon

check the nircmd help file for full commands

it worked! this is one of the most usefull programs i´ve ever seen. really, really thanks, you guys.

:***