What language of programming is good for market?

Stay away from Python. It has very little tolerance of errors (most annoying 'feature' - whitespace is significant)

Yet, you seemingly have no problems with the worst "language" (and I use that term loosely) that is PHP which has countless major issues.

Let's put it that way, I'd basically use ANYTHING before PHP.

And PHP scripting jobs are typically low paying jobs (not that I'd take the job even if it paid - I'd switch fields before that).

It's popular as php hosting is dirt cheap any easy enough that any clueless n00b can write some dirty hack job, but that's the only thing going for it. Other than that, it's god awful - a real atrocity in every aspect.

I'll take anything over PHP, be it Python, Perl, Ruby, C#, VB.Net, Java, C++, etc.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

and according to me it is the Best

Likely you've never used any real programming language, because you wouldn't be saying that... :no: PHP is the worst "programming" language I've EVER seen.

It's not a programming language, it's a scripting language.

As this was in the Web Development section and PHP is in the forum name, I recommended PHP; not to mention I haven't seen Python being used for serverside scripting (Perl definitely.)

It's not a programming language, it's a scripting language.

Hence the quotes aroung "programming". Enough with the nitpicking...

As this was in the Web Development section and PHP is in the forum name, I recommended PHP; not to mention I haven't seen Python being used for serverside scripting (Perl definitely.)

Python is used too. Everybody using Django, or TurboGears, or Zope, Plone, etc is using Python.

It's used by countless sites such as Google (part of their spider and search engine and other projects), yahoo (maps and others), and countless such "nobodies".

PHP is pretty much the only language I will not use. There's some apps that have been written in PHP which are worth using (forums for the most part) despite the poor language choice, but other than that... It's better avoided IMO.