xp home edition

sparky1000

hello all,

can you help me download a copy of windows xp home edition 2002 as i have lost the disc but still have the packaging with the product key.

or advise me please on the path i can take to reformat my computer

dose the product key only apply to that disc or can i get a duplicate disc and enter my key code?????

OK, I thought the entire world already knew this, but here goes.

You're NOT going to download Windows (anything) from microsoft or anyplace else.....LEGALLY!

You must get a CD.....either from MS or a friend, which by the way, would be your best bet.

You will have to have the Key that came with your system and its install of windows.

If you have the key (25 digit number) then you can use any CD with the exact same version of Windows on it as is installed on your PC. The registration Key is NOT on the CD, only on a sticker that comes with it.

To discuss anything that could be considered as Piracy, is against the forum rules, for this and most all Internet Forums. OK?

Good Luck,

Andromeda43

For phone numbers, contact your Directory Assistance operator.

hello all,

can you help me download a copy of windows xp home edition 2002 as i have lost the disc but still have the packaging with the product key.

or advise me please on the path i can take to reformat my computer

dose the product key only apply to that disc or can i get a duplicate disc and enter my key code?????

Take a look at Knowlegde Base article 326246 How to replace lost, broken, or missing Microsoft software or hardware.