Monitor Problems

DawsonDSouza

Hi, i just recently bought a Samsung Syncmaster940n in Australia..its a nice monitor and all but there is one small problem with it..well i think its a problem....there seems to be this small squigly line..about half an inch thick in the middle of teh screen that is a bit brighter than teh rest of teh screen. I thought it was a smudge but on close inspection i found out it wasn't......so yeh i just wanted to know if its anything major to worry about or is it common in lcd screens...

thanks guys..all info would be much appreciated :)

Dawson

yeh i still have warranty on it....the thing is that i never actually noticed it until i changed my wallpaper from teh windows Bliss to just a plain green wallpaper....only then did i see it...so yeh thats how insignificant it is...but still..it is there so I may have to return it.

I would liek to show you guys a screenshot of it but i doubt it will show up on your comp as it only affects the monitor.....i could be mistaken though....

im going to try teh monitor on another computer and see what happens...

Thanks for replying :)

BBS

If your example is accurate, you have a whole lot of dead or nearly-dead pixels on your monitor, and should definitely return it for replacement.

Also, if you have a digital camera it's best to use that instead.

Problem solved....under Samsungs dead pixel policy they must replace my monitor..and so they have...im impressed at how fast they did it...no questions about it...all I have to do now is wait till next monday..i could have had it shipped sooner but im not going to be home to sign for it...so yeh a week is awsome..ill just use this one for now until they come.

Thanks everybody :).

If I didnt come on here i would have never been bothered to return it...glad I did :)

You know how this happens? It’s when some one almost breaks the screen with a finger. Some one pushed to hard on it and made a line on your screen. This is not a joke... I had it too, but like white spots on one of my screens.

You know how this happens? It’s when some one almost breaks the screen with a finger. Some one pushed to hard on it and made a line on your screen. This is not a joke... I had it too, but like white spots on one of my screens.

yea i agree, known as pressure marks and is also common with laptops that have keyboard keys sticking up and when lid is down they can cause the pressure marks too. as punto stated though it seems that someone put too much pressure on screen.