need a new graphics card

bonestonne

If you have access to a 'free' agp card, then why not get a new mobo and cpu then?

You can commonly get 64 bit (maybe even an x2) Intel or AMD cpu and mobo 'upgradekits' for under $200-. Some of those upgrade kits use mobos that have respectable on-board video. Used to be that on-board video was a joke. Recent integrated graphics chipsets from Nvidia and Ati are actually pretty good.

At least that way, you'll be putting your limited money into a Vista-ready PC and not trying to push the life of an obsolete POS.

Edited by newsposter

my dad wont buy me a new computer

i've got this one, and the one at school that i'll get back in 3 years [less if this craps out]

when i go to college, this will boot linux, the other one will boot windows...but for now, i have to deal with what i've got

ok, it might seem a little annoying, this kid keeps bumping his topic....but this is a question that i remembered:

i've got an Asus AGP-V7100, i also have an ATi Rage 2C.

both require AGP slots, but if you look at the direction of the pins [the part that go into the slot] its kinda the opposite of each other, and i was wondering why its like that.

heres the Asus:

http://www.e-star.ru/catalog/13414_0_b.jpg

heres the ATi:

http://img.2dehands.nl/f/normal/13962063.jpg

if they're both AGP, why don't they fit into the same slot?

i know its a motherboard thing, but why would it go like that? it confuses me.

Edited by bonestonne

:thumbup

back on vista now, i ended up giving in [because my dad took tomorrow off to, and wednesday im uber busy] my sisters picked up a brand new nVidia GeForce FX5200. it looks loads better than the genoa in terms of hardware in the PC and also in deliverance.

couldn't really ask for much more, this is really all i need for school. aside from new shoes. :lol: