WUD Version 2 Feature Requests

jcarle

First of all - thanks for this great application!

I was wondering if at would be possible to implement at different set of categories into the Ul fil, so that you could choose how you would organize the downloaded files. this way you could make WUD download files directly to HFSLIPs folder layout.

Regards

Sjolleren

First of all - thanks for this great application!

I was wondering if at would be possible to implement at different set of categories into the Ul fil, so that you could choose how you would organize the downloaded files. this way you could make WUD download files directly to HFSLIPs folder layout.

Regards

Sjolleren

Well, in fact, you can. The first section of a UL has the following:

<categories>
<category id="1">Critical Updates</category>
<category id="2">Service Packs</category>
<category id="3">Internet Explorer 6.0</category>
<category id="4">.NET Framework 1.1</category>
<category id="5">.NET Framework 2.0</category>
<category id="7">Windows Media Player</category>
<category id="9">Other</category>
</categories>

If you replace the text within the <category> tags, it will change the output folder.

• 2 weeks later...

Would be nice to have one single storage with all updates on the net or on the usb drive, and client running on the number of pc's with access to updates storage showing me, what to be installed (updates not installed on the system by now) on every single system. And, it would be great to have WUD installing the selected not installed updates using GUI and command line.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for this useful tool man!

I really like it and found it so interesting.

I'd like to add, as other said, that there are 2 features that would be needed sometime in order to keep an easy way of upgrading/reinstalling the whole system.

.- Batch install of the downloaded updates.

.- Auto detect of already installed updates (In order to avoid downloading them!)

Again, thank you very much for this!

Thanks in advance,

DiEGO

• 3 weeks later...

Like everyone is saying: Thanks for a GREAT tool!

Just to bump a request made last year:

• search via KB number

I have a very slow internet connection on my home PC. WAU runs to see which files I need on my PC, and I can then use the KB numbers with WUD to download the updates from my work PC with a fast connection.

Searching via KB number would just make the process faster :rolleyes:

Best regards

Pieter

There are a lot of good ideas for WUD that have been posted in this thread. I've been a little out of it for the last two months or so, just moved into a new house, so thinks have been really disorganized, but I'm thinking of whipping out a v3 of WUD. Perhaps even using .NET 3.0...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
@jcarle, would it be possible to add more that i download folder so we can select to save to two or more locations.

Thanks

Not quite sure what the point of that would be?

@jcarle, would it be possible to add more that i download folder so we can select to save to two or more locations.

Thanks

Not quite sure what the point of that would be?

It is because im downloading xp and vista updates dont want then in same folder,

Thanks for your reply.

It is because im downloading xp and vista updates dont want then in same folder,

Thanks for your reply.

Check the "Product as subfolder" option.

Thank you very much it was there all the time staring me in the face :thumbup

• 3 weeks later...

I've just discover your soft, nice piece! Thanks.

There is a few missing features that can help for the creation of an XPCD via nlite:

1. The ability to filter by date
  2. The integration method
  3. The list of removed items

Explanations:

I'm using nlite to integrate the hotfixes to my XPCD.

Since now I was updating each month the list of hotfixes manually via the thread in the MSFN forum. Your tool can definitely simplify the process, but I miss the features below to automate the process.

1st of all, I only need to add the new hotfixes since my last download (usually last month) so a filter by date can do the job.

But not all hotfixes are directly integrable so I need to know the integration method. I do install the non integrable hotfixes via a batch file at T-13.

At last, to have something fully clean, I need to know witch old hotfixes to remove, so the list of removed items can do the job.

Do you think it's possible ?

Regards

• 3 weeks later...
Then, to cater to the original URL request, why not create a right-click context menu option to copy the URL of the update to the clipboard? That doesn't seem like that would require too much...

I don't quite understand the use? Considering WUD allows you to choose only one update at a time and now it even lets you know which ones you've already downloaded.

Thanks for your reply