Auto-Patcher For Windows 98se (English)

Dunno about you guys, but I have a Flash version of 9.0.74 (not from Auto-Patcher) and the Toyota site opens up fine, with no errors, redirections or whatever.

I'm using SlimBrowser 4.10.015 (latest build AFAIK), which is based on IE.

32593671mw3.th.png

Edited by Drugwash

Must be something to do with IE6 (or what ever version it thinks its seeing from the register)!

Have uninstalled flash and reinstalled several times but still it does not work.

Will only take me to adobe site --redirect--??

Charlie

Relax Soporific. I found the uninstaller for RP7. When you click on the RevPack folder in Manual Installs, you then get a the folder "revpack", click on that folder you get an icon saying "7Z - RP7MM", click then extract (it tells you where), there are all the icons for RP7 including "rpuni", plus a much better installer "SetupRP" than the "revpack" installer you see before extracting the "7Z - RP7MM" file. Since my install went perfectly from the "revpack" installer, I will leave well enough alone, not uninstall RP7, then use the "SetupRP" file to re-install (it is a bit too much for me). I hope I am right about all this, hope this helps you out. Ken.

Please forgive me folks. The above note is wrong. The uninstall icon "rpuni.exe I refer to will not uninstall RP7. Soporific is working on the fix for us individually. I have no problem RP7 is working great, just want the uninstall as a precaution. Again, forgive me. Thanks.

Must be something to do with IE6 (or what ever version it thinks its seeing from the register)!

Have uninstalled flash and reinstalled several times but still it does not work.

Will only take me to adobe site --redirect--??

Charlie

It does appear to be an IE6 problem.

I've accessed the toyota.com site okay in IE7 in Windows XP.

It also accesses fine in Firefox 2.0.0.8 in Windows 98SE.

All of these running Flash 9.0.47.0.

Okay, it was IE6 problem -- reinstalled browser and that fix the Flash problem. Seems funny that this was the only site with this problem that I could find, it must have been some setting it was looking for in the register that was missing or set wrong? --Charlie

I tested the autopatcher (full september) on a new installed win98se and it works not bad but it dosent install following patches:

tool9x , service9x , ttfront ,2 to 4 digit conv. tool updt. ------ loops :blushing:

so i inst. this after manualy and it works, :thumbup

and the software infrarecorder runs not under win 98 --hangs , better you replaced this tool :realmad:

so the reg patches for the explorer and iexplorer i dont no --

the settings in IE are not set in the registry --- rwin - ttl, sackopts , only the maxconnections are there ?

is it set or not ??

an the tweaks for advanced explorer options are great but in conflict with tweakui settings set it here and there not ?

something is strange dont no what !

and why you add the flashlayer only without shockwaveplayer better together

but is a great work ---go on :hello:

I tested the autopatcher (full september) on a new installed win98se and it works not bad but it dosent install following patches:

Thanks for all this feedback! and welcome to MSFN!

tool9x , service9x , ttfront ,2 to 4 digit conv. tool updt. ------ loops :blushing:
So you are saying that you installed each of the 'loops' above manually? Can you run Auto-Patcher again and run a report to see if Auto-Patcher thinks its now installed?
and the software infrarecorder runs not under win 98 --hangs , better you replaced this tool :realmad:
It works on my version of Windows 98 --- how stable is your system? Does it ever hang or produce a Blue Screen of Death?
so the reg patches for the explorer and iexplorer i dont no --

the settings in IE are not set in the registry --- rwin - ttl, sackopts , only the maxconnections are there ?

is it set or not ??

You'll have to ask MDGx but i think it is, even though you can't see the values in the LOCAL_MACHINE section
an the tweaks for advanced explorer options are great but in conflict with tweakui settings set it here and there not ?
It shouldn't matter but don't use both methods at the same time. Try it out. You should be able to use TweakUI and then have the changes reflected in the Folder Options.
and why you add the flashlayer only without shockwaveplayer better together
Good point, i will investigate adding this to October 2007 Full which is due out soon.

I reinstalled the patches that loops the first time (i contact thelogfile the see what loops) and they loops again so i do it by hand

My System is PIII 1 Ghz ,512 Mb Ram , Board Asus Tusl 2-C , BIOS 1012 , AND IT WAS A CLEAN HD ,NEW INSTALLED

I ONLY ADD BEFOR DRIVERS FOR , MONITOR,SOUND,ETHERNET,INTEL DRIVERS 6.30.1007, THATS ALL THEN I TRIED AUTOPATCHER

and i sugest that you add deepburner free 1.8.224 and replace infrarecorder

an other intresting add-on is free commander a very small tool (2.5 Mb) that was perfect for you then replace karens dirprint (this was not installed by autopatcher installation routine ?????) :whistle:

and replace IE Patches with MDIE6CU Ver. 1.7 newest :thumbup

and you should add the patch for Netframework 1.1

and why you add no Netframework 2.0 and Patch

i recommend the registry tweaks for IE/ DSL doing with cablenut or speedguide TCP/IP Optimizer,

i make it by hand

and after all an intresting tweak is mdcupl win98 me style (only 1 Mb)mdgx-- looks very good :rolleyes:

system.ini tweaks are good -- i tested another entry ---perVMFiles=200 no problem :sneaky: see there

http://www.windows-tweaks.info/html/speich...timierung3.html

maybe a few reg tweaks are useful -----update mode (explorer) , nosplash (outlook ) ,forcefifo ,

boost up your cd rom -----cd-rom smallercache by mdgx ,CDFS --Prefetch,Prefetchtail,Cachesize :rolleyes:

and i tested the defrag and scandik that you implanted so the defrag hangs completly i dont no whats this only rename old defrag and implant newer from Win Me to C:\Windows

I reinstalled the patches that loops the first time and they loops again so i do it by hand

I have the same problem at first install of the last autopatcher but on a new install it works fine :thumbup

Finally i have found a new version for windows 98se of java on their website it's the J2SE v 1.4.2_16 SDK :sneaky:

That's downloadable from http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/download.html :thumbup

:hello: newbie1

i suggest this smart tools to add to boost autopatcher to stardom

add izarc zipper 3.81 ---3.6 Mb --freeware see this functions -- http://www.izarc.org/

add NFO Viewer ---Jane 1.54 --636 Kb

Foxit PDF Reader 2.2 --- 2.2 Mb

add CCleaner 2.01 -- 2.5 Mb

add Avira NTFS4DOS --1.2 Mb

add Flooter 1.1 mini Boot Manager --1.6 Mb very good small size for floppy !!!

add HD Copy 2.104 --125 kb

add Statup Control Panel 2.8 57 kb ----super with tweak ui add Sequoia view 1.3 ---555 kb

add Virtual Clone Drive 5.1.4.5 --1.1 Mb

add Outloud Coolkill (Taskkiller)-- 1 Mb

actmon process monitor 1.00 --- 392 Kb

DLL Master 2006 -- 95 Kb

IE add -on --Fitted width Print --- Print Fitted A4 Sites in IE Explorer 70 Kbv see there

http://www.wintotal-forum.de/index.php/topic,55353.0.html

HideOE 1.1.6 --122 Kb OE to Tray

Fast Stone Image Viewer 3.2 --- 4.1 Mb

RAM2Free 1.05 -- 340 Kb

Free Registry Defrag 2.32 -- 457 Kb

Geo Disk 3.3.4--622Kb

Fat32format 1.03 --22 Kb ---large HD formatting

Partition Logic 0.69 -- 5.1 Mb

Diskeeper Lite 7.0 ----12 Mb fund no other freewaretool for win 98 :angry:

Scanner 2.8 --165 Kb

Mozilla Firefox 2.0.08 --5.7 Mb

Your Unistaller 2006 --3.75 Mb

Excalibur 1.06 -- 812 Kb -better Calculator

Total Size is 42 MB not so much about 260 MB for the Full Version so when you add all together

with the suggestions above and that i mention befor , you make the 300 Mb for the Full Version a Round Size

and with this addons you put the Windows 98 in a new Renaissance :thumbup

i suggest this smart tools to add to boost autopatcher to stardom

Total Size is 42 MB not so much about 260 MB for the Full Version so when you add all together

with the suggestions above and that i mention befor , you make the 300 Mb for the Full Version a Round Size

and with this addons you put the Windows 98 in a new Renaissance :thumbup

Joe Tweaker is right, Auto-Patcher is primarily for re-installing an OS and the file size is big enough as it is. But thank you for the suggestions i will check them out.
Soporific,great patch,but can i somehow restore windows boot logo,and can i remove from right click menu - copy to folder,and move to folder.Thanks

All you need to do is use the undo feature. Run AutoPatcher, choose to select modules, de-select every module except the tweaks, use the More Options flag to see the options for the tweak module, select the 2 tweaks you want to undo, and choose the UNDO option (press U) --- instead of installing the selected tweaks, it uninstalls them. Easy.