Corrupted Fonts and Buttons (Win 98SE)

GuyB

The remaining problem is that this text, although now readable is still slightly smaller than it was.

Open the Display Properties applet in Control Panel, go to the Settings tab and click on the Advanced buton. On the newly opened window you can select the font size. You may need the Win98 CABs for this.

Yes, that is how I thought I should have been able to adjust the text size. However, when I go to Display Properties>Appearance, make any changes and apply - nothing happens. When I press CTRL+ALT+DEL it says Display Properties [Not Responding]

The remaining problem is that this text, although now readable is still slightly smaller than it was.

Open the Display Properties applet in Control Panel, go to the Settings tab and click on the Advanced buton. On the newly opened window you can select the font size. You may need the Win98 CABs for this.

Yes, that is how I thought I should have been able to adjust the text size. However, when I go to Display Properties>Appearance, make any changes and apply - nothing happens. When I press CTRL+ALT+DEL it says Display Properties [Not Responding]

First try doing this in safe mode (copy the Win98 CABs to your hard drive before doing it).

If it hangs again, temporarily remove all fonts except those Petr mentioned, and try again.

If none of these work, probably your system is seriously messed up.You may need to reinstall some windows components like IE, DirectX, display drivers, etc.

• 3 months later...
I got the same kind of corruption before.

I fixed it by simply inserting the Windows CD and reinstalling windows.

It fixed the problem, and my personal files and settings are retained.

Did you really have to revive this thread just to say that? :whistle: