Sygate Silent Install with personal settings

I run Sygate Personal Firewall Pro 5.1 1615c. Adding a silent install of the application to my Xp cd wont be too difficault, i plan to use the modied setup.iss method. But i was hoping that there was a way that i could incorperate my set rules to allow or bloack partictular apps and services? I have built up quite a rule list and i am wondering how i can expot it, or if there is a particular file that i can copy?

Further what is the nessary code reccomended to add to the batch?

Thankx much!

|Drew|

• 1 year later...

I'm wondering about this too, does anyone have any idea?

I'd like al the programs which are installed unattended to be pre-configured so I don't need to allow every specific program.

But haven't got a clue how automatically to import the rules..

I can do it manually through Advanced Rules and a *.sar file, but I'd like to know how I can do this automatically :)

Or can I just copy the *.dat files or something?

(Or if anyone knows a firewall where you can easily import the rules... I'm open for suggestions)

I failed trying to export&import my rulesset using sygate (and i tried REALLY hard tofind a solution, if i remember correctly i found a FW-comparison saying it is not possible at all?!)- thats one of the reasons i switched to Agnitum Outpost. There i can store my config file on a separate partition, install Outpost silently (using an AutoIT script, thats the disadvantage) and point to the config file by running a reg file that changes the default path (if im not wrong with the last part)... The other reasons why i use Outpost is b/c of the incredible good Adfilter....

Update: http://www.agnitum.com/php_scripts/compare2.php

Referring to: Can switch between different configurations — Ability to create different configurations for you and your family or colleagues, even if you use the same Windows profile.

I have been doing it successfully for more than a year. Here is my procedure:

-Install Sygate as you would

-Run as many programs which access internet and make the rules

-If possible try to stop the smc service or boot in another windows

-Dig into the %programfiles%\sygate\spf and copy the files

debug.log

Default.dat

Default.dat.bak

seclog.log

stddef.dat

Stddef.dat.bak

StdState.dat

StdState.dat.bak

syslog.log

tralog.log

TState.dat

TState.dat.bak

TSysConf.xml

-When making a uacd, run sygate silently using /QN Reboot=Supress

-copy all the files listed above into sygate\spf\*.* using some bat/cmd or winrar executable file

-Your settings are restored, but ntos*.exe may have to be refingerprinted.

(List of files may include more than required files, but that really doesn't matter as the files are small sized after compression)

B)

One more thing simply enough get the list of the files in sygate directory which are modified last and make a copy of all. These are the same very files listed in the earlier post.

• 1 year later...

i have been looking for this for a long time... and with trial and error i managed to firgure it out last night...

follow these step...

1. admin install SPF (SPF.exe /a)

2. copy all of your current .dat and .xml files to X:\Program Files\Sygate\SPF

3. whenever you want to install again, run x:\WIS1B8303C449BA4722A83DCBEE4244C07B_5_5_2516.MSI /qn

lamer note: X: represents where you extracted (admin-installed) SPF. :)