WPI doens't resume install after reboot

Hi,

Thx for this great "little" program :w00t:

Since I have upgraded from WPI 4.3.8 to WPI 5.x (I tested 5.0 & 5.2), WPI never resumes after a reboot. I reduce to extreme my "config.js" as below:

pn=1;

prog[pn]=['phase1'];

uid[pn]=['TEST1'];

picw[pn]=['128'];

pich[pn]=['128'];

textl[pn]=['Bottom'];

texti[pn]=['0'];

cmd1[pn]=['%CDROM%\\WPI\\Install\\message1.vbs'];

cmd2[pn]=['%CDROM%\\WPI\\Install\\reboot.vbs'];

dflt[pn]=['yes'];

configs[pn]=['yes'];

cat[pn]=['testing'];

ordr[pn]=[001];

pn++;

prog[pn]=['phase2'];

uid[pn]=['TEST2'];

picw[pn]=['128'];

pich[pn]=['128'];

textl[pn]=['Bottom'];

texti[pn]=['0'];

cmd1[pn]=['%CDROM%\\WPI\\Install\\message2.vbs'];

dflt[pn]=['yes'];

configs[pn]=['yes'];

cat[pn]=['testing'];

ordr[pn]=[002];

pn++;

message1.vbs : just display a "ok" box (so, WPI is waiting the end of this script)

message2.vbs : yet another "ok" box, but with another message

reboot.vbs : hehe, just restart my computer

When I start WPI, i can see "phase1" and "phase2" in the list of applications to be run. message1.vbs and reboot.vbs are executed, my comptuer restarts (as expected), but WPI doesn't resume and message2.vbs is never executed.

My computer doesn't have neither AntiVirus neither FireWall that should interfer with WPI.

Did I missed some new parameter or something else ?

TIA for your help

The new installer put control in our hands, not that of Windows and GuiRunOnce. It has its advantages and disadvatanges. Mainly not being able to restart the computer and pick up where you left off. The good side is that we have a log file, progress bar, visual que of fail/success, etc.

I have a note to try and get a restart possible. Maybe some day......

Here's an idea:

Once the install sequence is started, copy the config program by program into the registry and put the wpi in the runonce (not the installers, just wpi).

once a program is run, delete it from registry.

when all the programs are installed, delete wpi from the runonce (all the programs will have been deleted from the registry already).

This would do it I guess. but I don't think Dje should waste his time on this problem. It's too much trouble for a small function.

The function you are searching for can be view in microsoft's bdd.

What you need is to set a check point where you are and a loop that handles wanted and not wanted reboot.

Just skip installation till the next one and goon with install

Remember also tha you need a username and password for unattended logon for restarting with wpi.

I'm using a customized version of bdd for installation where i need to rebbot or i some cases where i cannot avoid the reboot of an old software installation (in the case i install an dc i have also to change the credentials i use for unattended logon), but i'm looking to migrate to wpi.

As i told in the wishes list it could be perhaps done with some coding with some additional steps (i'm still testing the 5.1), but my wish is to find it implemented in the native code of wpi.

:hello: