What the Best Startup disk you see?

xtremee

What exactly do you mean? What I'm thinking about is when I used to use Windows 98 and had to boot from a floppy in order to reinstall the OS. With XP of course, no need for this. If you're referring to a custom CD/DVD of maintenance tools to boot from in case your harddrive goes haywire, well there are quite a few out there, some easier than others to set up. I just use a Winternals CD to boot from and perform basic tasks. Others use a UBCD, there's one Zxian mentioned to me called Reatego Builder also. Haven't tried that yet.

1st thanx for ur reply,

i know about this CD's but i wanna the Disk !! :(

i'm working on my startup disk and wanna to know what is the best one to take it as guide to me also i wanna to know ur ideas for the disk

Regards,

Xtremee

Edited by xtremee

Well, it depends on what you want on your BootCD. If you only want to be able to delete some incredibly nasty spyware that won't delete, then you don't need much. If you want to run 10-15 applications from memory, that's a different story.

By the way, for OS issues, I'd just recommend you image your HD with Acronis True Image when everything is ok, so you can revert to it when things get rough.

Or use Deep Freeze to freeze the state of your HD and burn to CD/DVD / save to another harddrive when you don't want something erased from a reboot. Off-topic but just for reference.

I have Ghost 2003 with USB, Firewire, and CD-ROM support--all on a floppy. I love it...it's my best cause it's all on a floppy.

I used to use Reatogo but it loaded very very slowly and I figured I can use Bart's PE Builder with XPE plugin and get what I wanted. So, I switched to BartPE with Sherpya's XPE plugin.. and the plugins are have are: MS Office 97, NAV Prescan 2005, Ghost 8.0, UltraISO, WinImage, Winrar, HD Tune, Ad-aware SE, Adobe Reader 7.

I have used UBCD before but it's the same as BartPE with a bunch of plugins that you probably don't need. I abandoned it.

I also have a Acronis disk director 10 boot CD for repartitioning.